I give up

Started by Crimson Wizard, Mon 01/02/2016 07:23:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: arj0n on Mon 07/03/2016 19:32:50
Can't the release be postponed a little bit, creating some extra time you can use to take some time off?
The are postponed all the time, this is what I am saying... taking time off does not help, because I cannot do anything without keep thinking that I did not finish the task. And I do not WANT to come back again. I want to quit, finally.

Danvzare

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 07/03/2016 19:10:34
I guess I just annoy people with my posts.

Trust me, you're not annoying anyone.
If you want to quit, then quit!
No one will mind. The development of AGS isn't worth all the stress it's giving you.

I'm sure someone will pick up and finish the release.

cat

Is there any way we can help you?

selmiak

Well, it's just a whole community, a whole pixely worldview depending on you, trusting you, waiting for these new features and bugfixes. We are all headless and aimless without your direction on the engine after you quit so yeah, just go ahead and throw in the towel.
Or maybe concentrate, get your shit together and finish that damned version that is so close to release and quit then. inhale, exhale. get your head free!

or what cat said + a friendly kick in the butt?!

Actually I'm really thankful for all you did up to now and totally accept your decision if you quit now (and respect it even more if you quit after finishing that damned new version so close to release with all the bugfixes and stuff you want to get in) and I just wanted to give an antipole to all the sugarcoated don't overdo yourself posts (which you really shouldn't, there is no deadline or so, remember) ;)

Sslaxx

Something needs to be done. I think whoever takes this on going forward needs to look into replacing the runtime as a matter of urgency.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

LimpingFish

Personally, I think finishing the current version would be a very positive act of catharsis. With that finality, that last obstruction torn down, you will feel much better about handing the project over to somebody else.

But if you simply can't face the prospect of continuing to code AGS, then I say do what's best for you. :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Snarky

Failure is always an option! :) If it's become a nightmare, then by all means stop.

If you do quit, would you mind documenting the last few things you think need to be done to finish 3.3.5?

Is this the last build? http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52925.0
Is it just the mouse stuff left?

sonneveld

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 08/03/2016 06:58:20
Is this the last build? http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52925.0
Is it just the mouse stuff left?
I'm not entirely sure what's left but I know there's the mouse defects in Linux and a small addition I wanted to get in to help with packaging.
Nick.

Radiant

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 07/03/2016 19:44:15
The are postponed all the time, this is what I am saying... taking time off does not help, because I cannot do anything without keep thinking that I did not finish the task. And I do not WANT to come back again. I want to quit, finally.

So do. CW, you've done a great job on the engine, and if working on it is no longer enjoyable to you then don't feel guilty to pass the torch. We're happy with what you've done for us, now go do something that makes you happy and you have our full support for that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk