Oh du lieber Augustin - Now with French and German translation

Started by cat, Tue 02/02/2016 10:21:45

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Oh du lieber Augustin

The city is plagued by Black Death. Can you, Augustin the bagpiper, give the people some comfort in these hard times?

[imgzoom]http://cat.agser.me/games/Augustin/screenshot.png[/imgzoom]

"Oh du lieber Augustin" ("Oh you dear Augustin") is a popular Viennese folk song that is said to originate from the Great Plague in 1679. This game tells (very loosely) the story of its creation.

Creamy: Gamedesign, art and animation
cat: Gamedesign, writing and coding
raeff: Music and testing
Eric Matyas: Free music track "Hazy Disorientation"

Made for MAGS January 2016

Download here

Update 28.02.2016: The game now features a French translation by Creamy and a German translation by cat. Choose the desired language in the winsetup.exe

Update 08.03.2016: The game was featured in Adventure Gamer's Following Freeware!

CaptainD

Shadow1000

I played and finished it. There's a nice number of puzzles with a wide range of variety for such a short game. The graphics and animations are impressive.

Well done!

SHADOW

Mandle

Just played and posted comment on database game page... ;-D

cat

Thanks guys, I' glad you like it!

Ghost

... alles ist hin, Augustin (laugh)

cat

Almost a month after the initial release there is a new updated version of the game.

It features a few additional animations and fixes as well as a French and German translation.

You can download the new version here.

cat

Oh du lieber Augustin was featured in Adventure Gamers' Following Freeware!

To celebrate this, there is a new version with some minor bugfixes.

cat

Loma from the Adventure-Treff forum wrote an interesting blog post about adventure games with references to Austria and Austrian history. It also mentions "Oh du lieber Augustin".

Check it out here:
https://philostoricum.blogspot.co.at/2016/11/playinghistory-austrian-perspective.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk