I'M NOT HERE -=|| UPDATE Nº9 ||=- WALKING PROTOTYPE CHARACTERS FACE DESING

Started by Rocchinator, Thu 17/12/2015 18:34:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocchinator

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 17/05/2016 21:46:23
Pretty! :-D

Looks great, good job! (nod)
thanks cassie for the advise on the BG it was really helpfull! :)

Thanks everyone for the nice words really apreciate it. :):):cheesy:

edit by darth - double post combined again... please stop double-posting.

Rocchinator

-------------------UPDATE Nº9 ------ WALKING PROTOTYPE AND CHARACTERS FACE DESING

THIS SHOES ARE MADE FOR WALKING :cheesy:

[imgzoom]http://i65.tinypic.com/nei8w5.gif[/imgzoom]

DOCTOR DANTE

[imgzoom]http://i65.tinypic.com/2mrwrj4.png[/imgzoom]

LUCAS PARAX

[imgzoom]http://i68.tinypic.com/34ipb9s.png[/imgzoom]

EMMET

[imgzoom]http://i64.tinypic.com/9ucbvd.png[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

I love that walk cycle. It has a sort of (probably unintentional) goofiness that I like. It gives personalitiy to the character and goes well with the artstyle. :-D
The portraits are a little scary though.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 03/06/2016 18:08:57
I love that walk cycle. It has a sort of (probably unintentional) goofiness that I like. It gives personalitiy to the character and goes well with the artstyle. :-D
Yes, I agree with that.
The portrait expressions seem slightly weird in a frowny sort of way,
and the last guy's lips look a bit white for my taste.

The walking animation is nice, he looks like he's in a bit of a hurry! :)

AnasAbdin

I like the characters :)
I wanted to comment on the walk cycle but this is not Critics' Lounge (don't want to upset Darth!)

Rocchinator

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 03/06/2016 19:13:44
Quote from: Danvzare on Fri 03/06/2016 18:08:57
Yes, I agree with that.
The portrait expressions seem slightly weird in a frowny sort of way,
and the last guy's lips look a bit white for my taste.

The walking animation is nice, he looks like he's in a bit of a hurry! :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and thanks for the advice about the character face desing, i will correct the expressions. Everything to make the game more atractive

Kumpel

Some small comment about the walk cycle (maybe you should start a critic's lounge thread for this game, so Darth wouldn't get mad):
Instead of letting the characters mass centre differ on the x-axis (he moves left and right in the gif), you should try letting him differ on the y-axis. This way the walk looks more realistic. There is some characteristic walk cycle head movement you can find in every walk cycle tutorial. Maybe check them out.

B2T: This seems to come a long nicely! Any infos on the expected game length or the amount of rooms yet? ;-D

Rocchinator

Quote from: Kumpel on Sun 05/06/2016 14:10:08
Some small comment about the walk cycle (maybe you should start a critic's lounge thread for this game, so Darth wouldn't get mad):
Instead of letting the characters mass centre differ on the x-axis (he moves left and right in the gif), you should try letting him differ on the y-axis. This way the walk looks more realistic. There is some characteristic walk cycle head movement you can find in every walk cycle tutorial. Maybe check them out.

B2T: This seems to come a long nicely! Any infos on the expected game length or the amount of rooms yet? ;-D

Thanks Kumpel you are right about the walkcycle im working on it since the other day the same way with the characters faces, i will start a critics lounge, The game was expected to be a long lenght one because its based on something i wrote and has lots of pages and very very long story. I decided that it was too long for a single game so probably will be a 3 series game:grin:. I have done 9 rooms and 6 are playable by now and i think about 20 min of gameplay I started scripting seriously about a week ago and I think i have a lots of work to do. I'm alone so its a long process the music, the voices, the drawings, the story and the scripting, but i don't complain i love it maybe I could use some help when the game its more advenced.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk