Weird dreams

Started by Jack, Mon 24/10/2016 12:43:37

Previous topic - Next topic

dactylopus

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 28/10/2016 23:36:05
I've tried Lucid dreaming, but most admit I failed every time. The problem is, that as soon as I realize it's a dream I wake up, and can't continue it anymore.

This is what happens to me, too.

I've had a lot of the common dreams, like dreams dealing with lateness or teeth.  I've had some really weird dreams.

The earliest dream I can remember is getting chased across a type of salt flats or desert by a bunch of dinosaurs.  Well, they weren't chasing me, more just stampeding, and they were kind of like realistic cartoon dinosaurs (if that makes any sense).  Anyways, I was running away from them, and I found a small crevice in the ground.  So I ducked into the little niche, and I could see the dinosaurs massive feet stomping repeatedly overhead, covering the hole again and again.  I remember thinking it was very loud.  I think I finally woke up after they all moved on past the little crack I was hiding in.

I was probably about 5 or so when I had that dream.

AnasAbdin

I dream a lot and I remember 90% or more.
OF course I get to dream about:

• Last minutes exams
  • Trying to run/cycle/drive fast but move too slow
  • Having very awkward situations with friends

But the dreams that stick mostly in my mind after waking up are those dramatic ones, losing a parent or someone I care so much about (I get those a lot lately). I also dream about very life changing celestial events, like seeing Jupiter in the night sky as big as how we see the moon or even larger.

Many times I dream of events that actually happen a few days later. They are so frequent I am actually anticipating and waiting to see how some of my dreams are going to manifest in life.

The most recurring dream I keep seeing is moving to a bigger house. Not a 2 story with a yard/pool kind of house. Really big house, like a high tech skyscraper or a one story house the size of a town (laugh)

Mandle

I had a dream last night where Trump dies from a massive heart attack just before the election. The dream was very vivid and felt real to me. Actually, I had the dream very early on in my night of sleep but still remembered it the next morning in detail, which almost never happens for me:

Am I a prophet?

Let's wait and see...

Cassiebsg

Nah, probably just wishful thinking. (nod)

@AnasAbdin: One can definetly see where your mind is... and it's not on real life earth. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

I nodded off and had a rather weird dream.
There was a great white shark swimming in the ocean, but then the shark's daughter (which was a white beluga whale for some reason) was taken by chinese fishermen
who wanted to make shark-fin soup. And then the shark took up a cellphone and said "If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." just like in the Liam Neeson movie. Then I woke up.

Dreams are weird.

Stupot

It would have been great if the dream ended with blackness and just the word 'fin'

KyriakosCH

Had prepared this as a new thread, but i suppose i can paste it here :)

(title would have been "In that sleep what dreams may come"

Not having to be about actual death - as in the quote from Hamlet - but dreams which cause interest or alarm :)

I saw one such dream yesterday. It was the kind of dream i had many years to experience. Looked like an iteration of a riddle, with parts repeating themselves in escalating orders. For example two people were lied to by someone else communicating with one of the pair, yet that other one was also part of a pair lied to by another outsider. A more impressive bit of the dream was to discover that part of the city included a dated copy of some other city, supposedly built to allow for a breakthrough in some enigma the dream was rested on :)

-You can describe your own wild dreams, if deemed of importance or interest. The passing of the comet and Chtulhu may have stirred up the layers of mud below which dance the myriapodian epigonoi of the old ones.

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Amayirot Akago

I dreamed I was playing an old horror game on my PC, supposedly based on some obscure movie nobody had ever heard of and which probably doesn't even exist. In the game, I was walking down a perfectly ordinary street in a small town. Everything was rendered in 3D in a low poly style with blocky textures and all that. Now, this sounds benign so far, except for one major detail: the sky was full of moving, swirling clouds, except they weren't clouds. They were giant, transparent, pixelated, somewhat rainbow-colored trout, swarming in all directions across, over, and under each other. Occasionally groups of them would come swarming down to the surface and swoop back up again. They didn't really do anything of note beyond that, but the sight was absolutely awe-inspiring.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Jack

This morning I dreamed a new episode of Halt and Catch Fire.

(contains a spoiler from the last few episodes of season 3)

It starts off in a big building, probably belonging to someone like IBM, where gordon and joe have just launched their NSFNET project. Gordon is unhappy that joe wants to sit on the project for the benefit of big business and says that he should have known better than to work with joe. But, no worries. Gordon soon positions himself at a random terminal and explains to donna (they are confusingly still married) that he built in a back door and plans to make it available to real people without joe knowing about it. Cut to joe and cameron talking in another room, before they (surprise surprise) start making out passionately again. Someone knocks on the door and they break it up. Cameron grabs a pen and tries to make it seem like she was writing intently, but she soon realises that she has no pad to write on, so she pretends to be making notes on her hand as one of the building's execs come in.

I'm now at my high school, naked. It's night time though so there's hardly anyone about. I make my way to the computer class. I'm now in the computer lab of the IBM building. I find my boxers there and put them on. There's talk in the lab, someone has surprised everyone and written some amazing code, better than cameron. I can't figure out whether it's me or donna. Cameron comes in and stands at the door, addressing everyone about the bugs she was able to reproduce in mutiny games. One of them happens when you give a banana to a monkey who calls you stupid in the game. I'm grinning behind my computer, because the monkey is such a typical mutiny character.

HCF is a really excellent show if you haven't checked it out.

Amayirot Akago

So this one is actually sorta relevant to the forums, but geez. I dreamed Ben Jordan was strapped to an operating table while a mad doctor was cutting into his chest with a scalpel, Ben screaming all the while, and everywhere he cut the flesh instantly went dark and necrotic. Not entirely scary but disturbing as heck all the same. Hell if I know where it came from either, I actually like BJ :=
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk