AGS Awards 2015 - For Your Consideration!

Started by , Wed 10/02/2016 07:54:35

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I would also like to put two of my own little "learning AGS scripting" games up for possible nomination as "Best Non-Adventure Game Created With AGS", because you just never know...:

Space Tunneler - arcade action as you try to navigate space tunnels without being destroyed.  (nb - the ship is NOT supposed to be the TARDIS, even though everyone thought it looked like it! :-D)

Game Page

Spot The Difference - er, well, it's spot the difference.  With adventure game backgrounds and title screens used for the images.

Game Page

Baron

I'm not sure how eligible these are, since they were both released in 2014 and then re-released in 2015 (when they were added to the database), but I like to sow confusion and chaos so what the heck:

Blue Lobe Inc.

Three daring AGS entrepreneurs start up their own commercial indie label in their parents' basement in this zany web-comic/sit-com/adventure-game! Join Lazarus (the writer/musician), Mothra (the coder) and Cuddles (the artist) as they struggle manfully against the myriad of setbacks that beset their project.

I am most interested in your consideration for Problem's outstanding original soundtrack, and the phenomenal voice acting of all the many contributors. 

Database Entry
Game Thread.

Fridge Follies

Help an adventurous star-fruit stink up a fridge in 10 minutes flat!

Database Entry
Game Thread

Ponch's awesome writing should be considered as deserving, and I humbly submit that you consider the voice acting of the man with 13 voices. :)

Ponch

Quote from: Baron on Wed 17/02/2016 02:02:13
The always sumptuous Ponch's awesome writing should be considered as absolutely deserving, and I demand that you nominate the voice acting of the astoundingly sexy mystery man with 13 voices. :)
But, Baron, I didn't do any voice acting in that game! To whom could you possibly be referring? :=

homelightgames

For your consideration:

You want us to keep you safe by flying your planes and driving your vehicles.  You want us to keep the peace by efficiently deploying your law enforcement and military forces.  You want us to keep you fed by managing your food production.
We are the Artificially Intelligent Distributed Network.
But there is one thing you should know. There is nothing artificial about us.

About
Wrecked follows a young man who crashes into a barren desert landscape, with his sister, and discovers the only way to escape is to find out why they crashed in the first place.

-640x400 Resolution
-18 Locations
-Over 30 Backgrounds
-Rotoscoped Animation
-Atmospheric

Download
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1884/

LostTrainDude

It turns out that my 2015 was quite a productive year! :D
Here are three MAGS titles that I want you folks to consider!

For Best Short Game, Best Story, Best Character and, dunno, Best Atmosphere and Best Game With a Subtle Meaning, please consider...

A NIGHT THAT WOULDN'T END

On an island far in the North, where nighttime can last for months, a researcher is left alone with a big staring moon, his boredom and an important research to complete, if only there wasn't a power shortage...

Ultimately, this is a game about overcoming boredom and getting stuff done.

HOW TO PLAY
Interact - Left Mouse Button
Examine - Right Mouse Button
G - Adjust Gamma

FEATURES
- Needlessly big chunky pixels
- Debatable science
- Randomly generated soundtrack
- Some John Conway's Game of Life inspired graphics

For Best Short Game, Best Story, Best Graphics, Best Music and Best Dialogues please consider...

[imgzoom]http://i.imgur.com/TMDAd30.png]http://i.imgur.com/c3eb0LF.png[/imgzoom]
A LANDLORD'S DREAM

Abel Lowen, a Stringshaper, gets woke up by his apartment's alarm clock in the middle of the night. When he'll finally get up, late for his band's rehearsal, he will find out that almost nothing seems to be working properly.

What happened? Are others experiencing the same problems? Why is his neighbour hallucinating in the middle of the hallway?

HOW TO PLAY

• LEFT CLICK - Interact
  • RIGHT CLICK - Examine
  • F5 - Save Game
  • F6 - Load Game

FEATURES

• 320x200 resolution
  • Sci-fi setting
  • Sci-fi inspired music
  • A rare example of good neighbours' adventuring!

TEAM

• LostTrainDude - Design, Coding, Music
  • Kastchey - Art, Design
  • CaptainD - Brainstorming Help, SFX, Proofreading

For Best Short Game, Most Funny Game, Best Graphics, Best Song (rather than soundtrack (laugh)), Best Character and Best Dialogues please consider...

A team of robots reaches the far planet of Koruuna to take over an abandoned Production Studio and revive their favourite show: ANDROIDS

Game Features:
- Custom Resolution (595x385) just because!
- Isometric Graphics by Kastchey, because why not!
- Robot lingo!
- References!
- NO COMMON INVENTORY!
- A song performed by CaptainD!

How to play:
- Left Click to Interact
- Right Click to Examine
- F5 to Save Game
- F6 to Load Game

*Save/Load function hasn't been tested thoroughly, yet. It should save on a single file and load a single file, but currently doesn't display a notification when it happens.

---
"Androids" is a fictional/parody TV series appearing for few brief moments in the series Red Dwarf
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

CaptainD

Please consider Fanbots for "Best Song Performed by CaptainD" :-D :P :P ??? ??? :-\ :-X (roll) (roll)

[delete}

So called "Matt Frith", whose real name is Tier of Beechwood, made some really neat miniatures this 2015:

Vote for best character art animation of his unforgettable line-up featuring Leopold Kettle, Hendrix, Captain Helicopter, Betty (!), and many more!

abstauber

Okay, since nobody applied for this yet:
Please consider CGA (Christmas Game Arcade) for
best coding and best demo.

Synopsis:
Drive three laps and collect presents - restart and repeat while enjoying some chiptunes.

Thread:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53023.0

Download:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1994/

Not convinced? Download the sources and take a look yourself :D
(Download link is inside the thread above)

Grok

I guess I will toss in our flight helmet into the ring as well

Jacqueline White; Bad Trouble in the Red Desert

download link

[embed=640,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZYeKXQvgRY[/embed]

shaun9991

Hey guys!

For your consideration, a couple of short games we made this year...

THE TERRIBLE OLD MAN

Three men of loose virtue are enjoying a drink in a local tavern, when they overhear the story of a rich and feeble old man who lives in town. They soon plot to take his treasures... based on the short story by HP Lovecraft

DOWNLOAD HERE

Perhaps to consider for animations, graphics and short game!

and secondly...

PENDEK

You are Yandi, a villager who works for the Pandang Logging Company deep in the Sumatran jungle. An accident leaves you stranded and alone in the jungle. You must survive, you must escape. But who knows what you might come across in the process?

DOWNLOAD HERE

Thank you for your consideration!! :D

Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Chicky

First year that I've had a half decent game to post here :-D

Hack your way through complex folder structures in an attempt to bring down a mysterious organization,
set in a hostile world where the vast majority of it's inhabitants are completely reliant on respiratory breathing aids.

Created for the August 2015 MAGS competition.

The game has permadeath, but it's (hopefully) not too annoying. :P

Game and sound design by Chicky

Music by LostTrainDude and Alfonso Gordon

Thanks to Mandle and LostTrainDude for some last minute bug tests :)

Download Bitstream (332MB)

Myshkin

For your consideration...

SONG ANIMALS

Song Animals is a short adventure puzzle game, featuring a variety of strange and fantastic creatures. Explore surreal watercolour worlds and use the power of music to rescue your animal friends!
Created for November 2015 MAGS.

Demo video:
https://vimeo.com/154014015

m0ds

Thanks for hyping your games! A few days more to get your FYC post up! Though, I'm not gonna lock this down... but we'll be moving onto the nomination phase pretty soon, so be aware! :)

StillInThe90s

Unless this is too late...

For your consideration:     Camp 1
A short (or medium length), dark story about bureaucracy, penal labor, isolation and desperation.
Featuring both 320x200 resolution and Erik Satie! What more could you want?

Download here    or here for installer,    or here if all else fails.

Thank you and thanks to the wonderful testers!

Snarky

Quote from: StillInThe90s on Sat 27/02/2016 18:48:24
Unless this is too late...

It's never too late for your consideration! :-D (Or not until the actual voting has closed, anyway.)

m0ds

Bump! Nominations should begin at 18:00 GMT tomorrow (March 1st) evening :)

So please prepare that drop-down-menu mouse clicking finger in whatever way you must cos it's almost time to nominate these games you're considering! Thanks for posting them here, and please do continue to post them as they are welcome during the nomination phase (nod)

Stupot

Please consider playing Power Nap if you haven't already :-)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1912/

It probably won't win any awards but it might win your heart and if you have a heart you would nominate it for Best Puzzles (nod)

You play an office worker who is desperate to catch a quick power nap, but unfortunately your boss is cracking down on nappers. Can you trick your boss into thinking you are hard at work while grabbing yourself a decent nap?

Digital Mosaic Games

For your consideration: John Sinclair- Voodoo in London

John Sinclair inspector at Scotland Yard and ghosthunter has to fight against an underground voodoo-cartel.

Screenshots:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15L13f7jEEg

Download: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2014/

Snarky

Neon, your game isn't eligible for the 2015 awards because it was released in 2016. You'll have to wait until the next year! :)

LostTrainDude

After having asked if it could be done, I just want to notify that I've updated A Landlord's Dream with some bugfixes and tweaks that don't expand the game, but should give players a better experience :)

For those who already played the game (and gave me feedback about this):
Spoiler
I've also fixed the parser in the terminal! :D Now whenever you hit the return key, the line resets to an empty line
[close]

Other than bugfixes here and there, I'm talking about proofreading, broken hotspots, an audio loop and a couple of modified graphic assets: that's it.
These fixes were ready last year, but I never compiled the build because they were meant to be part of a bigger project... *cough* That is now undergoing a preproduction phase *cough*... So I thought it could be a good thing for players.

I've updated the entry in the database, but if anyone wants to play the former version just ask me! :)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk