AGS awards ceremony client test

Started by Jack, Wed 10/02/2016 23:45:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

I tested this on a 13-year-old laptop I have and was surprised to find that it kept a steady 40 FPS without taxing the processor. Still, the windows experience index for that processor is 4.1 (apparently), and I'd like to know if anyone else is having trouble keeping up a steady 40 FPS.

Please run this on whatever hardware you see fit and let me know the results. If it can't maintain 40 FPS, let me know the specs of your PC, most importantly the processor. I think we can use the experience index numbers for simplicity's sake.

AGSAwardsCeremonyClientTest01.zip (3.17 MB)

I'll probably have more tests later in the dev cycle, so any help testing would be appreciated.

Danvzare

Well I ran it without problem. ;-D
It stayed at exactly 40 fps. I also had Google Chrome running in the background, and it still didn't even flicker.
My processor is an AMD A6-6400K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.90GHz. Which I know is a relatively new, but extremely cheap processor (since a bought it nearly two years ago).

Cassiebsg

Got 40 FPs here, and my computer is known to be a bottleneck (though they say it's great for testing this type of stuff (nod) ).
I'll PM you the specs.

Though, you might want to populate with different characters, music, and a full online irc test, just to make sure. But looks good for now. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Jack

Good to hear. Thank you for testing.

Snarky

Yeah, it runs fine for me too (WEI 5.3, limited by harddrive speed), but there's a lot of stuff going on in the real client, so I'm not sure how meaningful this test is in isolation. (I also wonder about things like whether it makes a difference when you have 50+ DIFFERENT characters, not just copies of the same one, so having to access different parts of the sprite cache... No way to tell without actually trying it.) Still, cool to see that in a simple game you can indeed have that many characters on screen simultaneously.

Jack

Yeap, next step is to test with all the different sprites.

Or maybe I'll just keep all the Jeff clones and make them say "haah" like the villagers in minecraft.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk