Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet - Launching March 22nd!

Started by Ali, Thu 18/02/2016 14:09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hello!

If you happen to have fond memories of Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! you might like to know...

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet launches on March 22nd.

If you hated Spoonbeaks Ahoy! then this probably isn't for you.

[embed=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCyfiYNetlQ[/embed]

If you feel like helping us out, you could share this Press Release Trailer with influential associates. I'm thinking World leaders, Business Gurus, Games Journalists etc.

The game offers full voice acting in both English and German, with an incredible cast including the legendary Tom Baker (Doctor Who, Little Britain) and Thomas Reiner (Raumpatrouille Orion, Futurama). It also offers text localisation in French, Spanish and Italian. It also has a wonderful score composed by the forum's own Nikolas Sideris.

Read the Press Release

Character Info & Voice Acting Samples

For AGSers with an interest in development - I have archived my Captain's Log Updates which were previously only available to Kickstarter Backers. They chart changes the project has undergone in development, graphical and technical, including my reluctant transition from AGS to Unity.

Mandle

Tom Baker?! OMG!!! That is amazing talent to have on your project: His Doctor is the only true one for me...

Best of luck with the release! The original game was and is dear to my heart in my entire AGS game-playing experience...I must play it again sometime soon!

Also: Just watched the press release vid and it is funny as hell!!! I think the appeal of the off-the-wall humour in the video will attract a lot of people to try out the game itself: I remember the first game being hilarious as well as charming, and looking forward to the sequel hugely!

kconan

This looks awesome!  As a both fan of the original and things that are great in general, I'll be getting a copy on Steam.

[delete}

Nelly Cootalot is probably the most classic adventure protagonist around here. Glad she sets sails again for more buccanneering and cute bird saving.

Stupot

Has it really been 9 years since the first game? Wow. This looks great though. Congrats on bringing it to fruition. And nice job on getting someone like Tom Baker involved. I know that a lot of people like him.

Myshkin

This looks fantastic, and so does your hair! Congratulations on the imminent release. And thanks for releasing the dev logs; as someone currently trying to learn Unity I'll be interested to see how the transition was. And while I'm at it, thanks again for the Parallax module, which I think I've used on every AGS project I've made!

[delete}

Ali, congratulations on the wonderfully positive review by silver-tongued John Walker at RockPaperShotgun (RPS). They have quite an audience too.

Ali

Thanks for spotting that Amélie!

Nelly's Steam Page is now live, as are the English and German trailers. Watch / Sehen:

[embed=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3STGk5fIY8[/embed]  [embed=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLXCphx0GlU[/embed]

As well as meeting John Walker, I spoke to Patrick Hickey Jr. for the Examiner, and you can read the interview here: Examiner Exclusive: Inside 'Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet' And there's also a detailed preview on Cliqist by Serena Nelson.

I hope this isn't too spammy, but if you're feeling generous, you could join Nelly's Thunderclap to help promote the launch on March 22nd. We're launching on the same day as Day of the Tentacle Remastered, so we need all the support we can get!

Click here to join Nelly's Thunderclap

Babar

Woot!

Just got my email with early access!
I see I have an option for Steam or DRM-free through the ashshop site. I was wondering if you'll be going DRM-free on any other platform (ideally gog or humblebundle, both of which I have accounts on), so I wouldn't have to keep track of yet another site where I have my games on! If so, I'll wait for that release, or failing that, I'll go with steam and hope it is playable without steam after downloading!
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ali

Hi Babar! Yes, it is possible that other stores will appear later. You can get a Steam code now, and if you change your mind at a later date and prefer a download email: support[at]application-systems[dot]de. There's a bit more info on this in the latest KS update.

Hope you like it!

EDIT: Whoops! Well, you can always email me or ASH if you have any problems.

Babar

Thanks, I'm sure I will!

As a paypal backer, I don't have access to the backer-only kickstarter updates. :(
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ali

I don't want to bang on about it, but Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet is currently 15% off on Steam and other stores.

RPS says "It's funny, daft, and the look is incessantly fantastic... And it's got Tom Baker in it. I had a thoroughly lovely time."
Just Adventure think "The puzzles are as perfect as possible."
(More press cuttings...)

The only way to find out if they are lying is to play the game yourself. I'll allow myself to introduce it properly, via the medium of internet video:

[embed=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcLiCFBgwpQ[/embed]

After watching this, I recommend you watch it again, hilariously dubbed into German.

Mathias

Snarky

Congratulations, Ali! The game looks neat-o!

Unfortunately I won't have time to play anything for the next few months, but it's nice to know the game is sitting there waiting for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk