[RELEASED] BSG78 - Unexpected at the Rising Star

Started by Cassiebsg, Fri 26/02/2016 21:34:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurok

The portraits look great next to each other. It's coming along well, Cassie!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Cassiebsg

Thanks Gurok. :)
I've actually been wondering if Jarl is that small and white when compared with the rest of the cast. (laugh)(roll)

Decided to add an achievements page for those that like to keep track of what they have accomplished and are still missing (considering there's a bunch of multiple choices that lead to slightly different outcomes).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 23/01/2017 22:15:37
Improved Adama's portait a little bit. Am fairly happy with it now. (nod)

Me too (nod)
I like how the others turned as well. Gives me a push to made a 3D game ;-D

Cassiebsg

Last 2... sorry for the delay, but haven't done much since last post. :-[

The waiter and Athena (hope it's better now Jwalt? ;) ).

jwalt

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 04/02/2017 22:04:06

The waiter and Athena (hope it's better now Jwalt? ;) ).

Both look great to me. My complaint about Athena was never about the modeling, just about the shadow beneath her chin, which is now gone. :-)

NickyNyce

Looking good. Better yet, they look great, especially the girl.

AnasAbdin

Quote from: NickyNyce on Sun 05/02/2017 01:40:45
Looking good. Better yet, they look great, especially the girl.

I agree, Athena looks great the light angle is cool  8-)

Cassiebsg

Thanks guys! :-D
Though, now that I look at her, I realize I lost her star again... :-[

SilverSpook

Great job!  Yeah I agree, very interesting lighting choices. :)

Mandle

Cassiebsg

Ewwww.... :~(
Not the kind of news I was expecting to find when getting home. :(

RIP

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 08/02/2017 14:57:00
Ewwww.... :~(
Not the kind of news I was expecting to find when getting home. :(

RIP

On the brightish side though, it sounds like he had a great time in his life:

"In my case, 'Battlestar Galactica' was a milestone," he wrote on his personal website. "It afforded me the opportunity to live out my childhood dreams and fantasies. Hurtling through space with reckless abandon, playing the dashing hero, battling Cylons, monsters and super-villains -- what more could a man want?"

As well as being a role-model hero for a generation of children (he sure was for me!) what more could one ask for from life really?

Cassiebsg

Thanks Mandle... thinking about adding a "in memory of" at the end of the credits... too corny? :-\

Anyway, just finished coding a brand new feature... looking forward to see how my testers will break it (yes, I'm looking at you, jwalt (laugh) ).

[IMGzoom]http://i.imgur.com/M9g6FKx.png[/IMGzoom]

CaptainD

Too corny?  No.   ;)

I've nearly got my voice back properly after this cold virus messed it up so should have Starbuck's voicing finished soon.  (Just in case it's me that's been holding everything up!)

Will one of the achievements be upsetting the waiter?  :-D

Cassiebsg

Don't worry, not you that it's holding it back, it's me... or better said, my work that drains all my energy... and then my son drains what's left once I get home... (roll)

Well, he will be a bit upset yes... and yes, one achievement has to do with the waiter... (nod) Been reading the script, I suppose? (laugh)

Danvzare

I agree with CaptainD, that isn't too corny.
Go for it! :)

cipberbloom

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 08/02/2017 22:36:24

On the brightish side though, it sounds like he had a great time in his life:

"In my case, 'Battlestar Galactica' was a milestone," he wrote on his personal website. "It afforded me the opportunity to live out my childhood dreams and fantasies. Hurtling through space with reckless abandon, playing the dashing hero, battling Cylons, monsters and super-villains -- what more could a man want?"

Thx (from a lurker and voice) for posting the quotation, Mandle. It's awesome when performers are able to live their dreams and childhood fantasies.

Heya, CaptainD/Starbuck!   :-D

Cassiebsg: if you'd like another beta-tester, I'm open. And not corny at all IMO; a dedication would be great.  :)

Cassiebsg

Thanks Xanthippe, I'll add you to the next Beta.  (nod)

For those helping out with the game, please send me your "credits" name. :D If I don't get it, I'll just use your forum nickname.  ;)

For those following this thread... I've been busy getting the 3 space cut-scenes done... I would have never had guessed that making a star-field was such a complicated thing... guess I always thought it was just a bunch of dots in a black canvas...  (wrong) You can follow this marathon in the critics lounge topic here: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54610.msg (and feel free to criticize!)

Next beta will be first out after I've gotten all voice files in game, cut-scenes are finished and I've polished a bit on the story/dialogues.  So, if anyone else wants to test at that point, feel free to get your ticket here.  (nod)

CaptainD

Quote from: Xanthippe on Sat 08/04/2017 11:28:57
Heya, CaptainD/Starbuck!   :-D

Sorry, delayed reaction here - hi Cassiopeia / Xanthippe!  Nice to meet one of my in-game lovers!  :-D ;)

Cassiebsg

Hi all, small update to show you the Intro as playing in game... :-D

There might be some slight change to it, but probably not much more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk