BSG78 - Unexpected at the Rising Star

Started by Cassiebsg, Fri 26/02/2016 22:44:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

I've finally reached a point where I'm happy with my models, and am now coding and doing small animations for a short game, where you''ll get to control Starbuck as he finds himself inadvertently on a double date with both Cassiopeia and Athena. Or in other words, I'm recreating the scene from The Long Patrol episode.  You'll get to do what he did and get the same end  result... but you'll also have the possibility to get away with it (meaning that Athena and Cass won't meet at the end).

Anyway, this small game will serve as both a self standing game and as a tech demo for the full length game.

WIP thread is here for more info.

Game is freeware, and as thus the only thing I'm offering is your name in the credits! (nod)

If you wish to help out here's what I'm looking for:

- Music (if you happen to love making music and always wished to do a BSG inspired song, this is your chance! ;) Alternative you can just search for appropriate music on free sites. This will be the default music for the game.    Taken!

- SFX (I don't want to rip sounds, and hate having to search for them on the internet. If you enjoy recording your sounds or searching free sites for SFX sounds... please do!)   Taken!

- Voice Acting (youtube links):
- Adama, Taken!
- AthenaTaken!
- Starbuck,   Taken!
- Cassiopeia,  Taken!
- Concierge/Waiter from the Rising Star,   Taken!
- Cook 1 (older male),   Taken!
- Cook 2 (younger male)  Taken!
- "intercom" (female) Taken!
- Easter egg! Taken!
If you think you could do a good Patrick Macnee , then I might add the intro speech as well. ;) Taken!

Note: You don't need to be an impersonator or even a close match, though for the main characters I'm looking for at least "tone" right...

- 3D art - Anything you might wish to help  with is just fine! Even if it's just a Languatron (done!)! (nod)

- Translation - If you wish to see this game in your native language and wish to translate it yourself, I'll send you the txt file and a copy of the beta game.

- Alpha/Beta testers! - Think I have enough for now. However, if you really really wish, send PM, I won't deny anyone. ;)
Spoiler

The so very important position to spot and find bugs, also a chance to give input and improve the game as it's being developed! :) Note, you don't need to be an expert Point & Click gamer. And I can provide a walk through if you don't wish to figure out the game on your own. ;)
Expect to get a build in a month or two for first testing... depending on how my free time plays.
[close]

Thanks, feel free to apply here or via PM.

EDIT: All help has now been found. Thread can be locked. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

jwalt

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Fri 26/02/2016 22:44:28
- 3D art - Anything you might wish to help  with is just fine! Even if it's just a Languatron! :p

Had to look it up on the web:

[imgzoom]http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/jwalt10705/langua1_zps2u2h8wge.png[/imgzoom]

Be aware that getting a rigged model out of Anim8or can be problematic, and Anim8or seems to be the only thing on the planet that makes sense to me. No problems with obj or 3ds, just with the bones and animation. Hopefully all you might need are the sequences of stills. I'm willing to help, but my skill set isn't all that hot. Nor is my attention span much longer than a gnat's. I can, however, provide you a languatron with the newer, rubbery buttons, as well as the older model.

Cassiebsg

jwalt, that looks cool! (nod) Many thanks! :)
I'm all in for as close to the original as possible, so the old style is preferred. :)
No need to rig, and any small models you feel like making is just fine, most will just be done as inventory items.
I'm using Blender, so I can import either obj or 3DS, not sure which gives best results though.

I'll send you a pm later.

* Mods removed giant empty space

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 27/02/2016 07:46:25
* Mods removed giant empty space

Mods...how dare you remove all the giant empty space from Battlestar Galactica!?!

Without it the epic journey of the ragtag fleet all the way to the 13th colony of Earth means nothing!!!

:P

Cassiebsg

LOL (laugh)

Well, in defense of our busy Mods... it was probably irrelevant for this particular game. ;)

And to get this post back on track, I can say that the original story arc is now playable from start to finish! (nod) Though, still needs to be fine tuned to look more like a game rather than an interactive movie. (roll)

EDIT: Oops, just noticed this is the wanted help thread. :-[
Let's get this post back on track by saying: I still need some MALE VOICES and one female voice (which I may do self, if no better offer shows up)! Keep in mind that Adama and Patrick McKnee both require a deep voice, and the later a British accent would help, but not required! Both these characters have very few lines! And all you need is a microphone and your normal voice! ;) (laugh)

EDIT: 2/6/2016
Little update to say all Voice parts have been assigned. (nod) :-D

Still looking for help with Music, if you would like to try and compose (or have already done it) something that would fit in the original tv show, I would love to hear it!
I'm looking online for alternatives and have help with the task, but fresh music written for the game would be a much better fit!

EDIT: 18/9/2016
Help for music has been found! Thanks bunch you know who! :-D ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk