That weird phenomenon

Started by Mouth for war, Sun 06/03/2016 20:48:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Ok so I was checking some headlines on my tv, old school style....I'm not sure what the name of this feature is in English but here in Sweden it's simply called "Text-tv" You press the "text" button on your tv remote and you will go to a menu sort of...It looks really really old school and if there is some kind of graphics it's really block-ey and ugly. You can see what's on tv..read some news...check the weather forecast etc. Anyway...I read a headline in the international section and the headline said something like "Los angeles police finds a knife" There are a lot of murders in L.A. every year I guess, but for some reason I immediately think to myself "Ah...probably about O.J. Simpson" I go to the page to read more about it and sure enough, it HAS to do with OJ simpson. That is a pretty weird thing when you consider the amount of people and crimes in Los Angeles :D Do any of you have some fun/weird experiences like that?
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Baron

I found a knife once, too.  It was lodged in the drain pipe under my sink.  Weird. :undecided:

Mandle

I was thinking about OJ and knives the other day so when I got home I took out a knife and cut up some oranges and made some. :P

Mouth for war

That IS weird Baron :D And freshly made OJ is awesome....I Juice my juicemachine often ;D

Jack

It sounds like synchronicity, but I think this is a case of the subconscious, which doesn't make it any less impressive. It has abilities that our consciousness does not. For instance, you may not know what creates the difference between a male and female face, but you can subconsciously recognise it in a fraction of a second. Perhaps you passed a news stand earlier with a headline about OJ, but had never actually consciously read it.

Mouth for war

It could be something like that. Another similar thing that has happened several times actually is when i'm working on my game. I always listen to old school game music while doing that and in that folder i have almost 500 files...when a song is finishing i can think "now will be THAT song". And yep...that song comes next. Funny and weird :-D my best story about weirdness is still one time long ago after doing a tattoo that took a 5 hour sitting to finish. I was walking home and was grumpy,hungry and tired. As i was walking across a street 2 kids came towards me on bicycles. The first one did nothing but the other made a face at me and also yelled with a retard voice at me" I just stopped....closed my eyes and facedvup against the sky and thought really hard "i hope you die you little bastard" a second after that i heard a loud BANG....i looked around and what did i see? That kid and bike fell hard on the ground. He didn't die and of course i didn't want him to but he got a good smack and looked ashamed. Tjat was actually a little creepy but satisfying at the same time :-D

Jack

The music one is probably a synchronicity, happens to me too from time to time, and is a little harder to explain. It can't really even be ruled out that our subconscious can sometimes make a fairly accurate prediction of a random number generator's output, as is used on the shuffle function of a music player.

I couldn't find the study, but I once heard that one proved that people will often start moving towards a phone before it rings.

What is certain is that humans have abilities that we don't fully understand, and might not even believe.

NickyNyce

A stopped clock is always right twice a day.

These things happen to everyone I'm sure, because they happen to me too. But we always forget and never care to remember, the times that nothing happened, or we were wrong. We only remember the times when we were right. So it appears we are correct more than the odds tell us.

Jack

It's more than a guess if you somehow know you're right before it's proven, as is typically the case when this happens.

NickyNyce

But if you always think you're going to be right, and once in a while you are right, that doesn't mean something amazing happened. Eventually you will guess right.

And also, what if this person now guesses wrong a hundred times in a row?...now you would say that person is terrible at guessing.

Mandle

Orwellian Messages (that I just happened to notice):

You have 0 unread messages, 1984 total.

Mouth for war

Ohh mandle now THAT'S something :-D

Adeel

Quote from: Mouth for war on Mon 14/03/2016 08:03:09
my best story about weirdness is still one time long ago after doing a tattoo that took a 5 hour sitting to finish. I was walking home and was grumpy,hungry and tired. As i was walking across a street 2 kids came towards me on bicycles. The first one did nothing but the other made a face at me and also yelled with a retard voice at me" I just stopped....closed my eyes and facedvup against the sky and thought really hard "i hope you die you little bastard" a second after that i heard a loud BANG....i looked around and what did i see? That kid and bike fell hard on the ground. He didn't die and of course i didn't want him to but he got a good smack and looked ashamed. Tjat was actually a little creepy but satisfying at the same time :-D

Yer a wizard, Harry Mouth for war!

Mouth for war

I thought the same thing "Yeah that's right, I have powers and I'm not afraid to use them" Haha :D

Jack

Have any numbers been noticeably occurring more frequently to anyone in the last few weeks?

Mandle

Quote from: Jack on Wed 16/11/2016 18:04:04
Have any numbers been noticeably occurring more frequently to anyone in the last few weeks?

Well, a few weeks ago a highschool student of mine rolled 6 six times in a row during a Halloween game.

I've started calling him "Damien"...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk