I need to fill my Inspiration Tank (Writer's Block) :(

Started by Yitcomics, Tue 08/03/2016 02:26:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Timothy B

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 09/03/2016 12:34:56
I freaking love Farscape!
Although if you've watched 40 episodes, and still don't like it, then I'm sorry... you're never going to like it (which is ok, not everyone has the same tastes).
Don't get me wrong though there are certainly a few episodes that I've enjoyed (like the episode where Crichton was stranded on an planet living with natives in a tropical paradise). As I said though, hidden deep down there's always that sad feeling of depression or craziness. It gets worse once Scorpio is playing around in his head for what appears to be an entire season. For one thing I absolutely dislike Rygel with how he should have a bond with these people, some kind of loyalty, but at the blink of an eye he's turning on them. But they always forgive him and laugh it off with "Rygel being Rygel" so to speak instead of just leaving him on the next planet - but they have no issues for all of them to rip off pilot's arm just to get a map to their respective homes.

Quote from: Danvzare on Wed 09/03/2016 12:34:56
Also, I find it funny that you compared it to Stargate. I usually do that too, but I call Stargate the boring version of Farscape.
I haven't seen too many episodes of SG-1 but only random episodes when I used to have satellite TV. I did enjoy the cheeriness and comical side of it though. If I were to pick a reason why I never got into it, I think it was the Teal'c dude with the gold patch on his forehead that always steered me away. But yes, Farscape and SG-1 felt very similar in ways. I do however enjoy Stargate Atlantis, but not so much Stargate Universe and the direction they decided to go with Dr Rush - who initially I had thought was a fantastic character and I had believed he was eventually going to warm up to everyone, especially to Eli.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 09/03/2016 15:15:42
Must agree with Danvzare. If you don't like it after 40 eps, then give it up.
I probably won't give up on it just yet. It'll always be on my Netflix back burner for those days when I eventually get back around to it.

NickyNyce

This just came to mind...The Dark Crystal has all kinds of weird and strange creatures, and it's an awesome movie too.

Yitcomics

Quote from: Mathias on Fri 11/03/2016 20:37:13
Then you only watched the movies ;) Gulliver met various creatures during his travels on various island visits often with a context of social critique directed at society at the time the works were written. Not just the tiny people.

Ah yes :-[,I never read the book,i've never been too fond on reading books with a lot words and no picture :=...EXCEPT HISTORY!.Thats the weird thing about me,i'm fascinated with history.

Quote from: Mathias on Fri 11/03/2016 20:37:13
If you're stuck you might try experiment with thinking about "what would not happen" in your scenario just to try to get the thought machinery going - and then you might end up with something usable.
Appreciate the tips,i'll try my best to keep the gear going.But I've reached an impasse at the moment :-\
(On a side note,I've put the list of suggestions on the first post.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk