[Solved] is there a way to run ags games on asus t100?

Started by twitterfiend99yah, Thu 10/03/2016 03:00:24

Previous topic - Next topic

twitterfiend99yah

//crap, i've screwed up by not reading the subforum rules. it's definitely a wrong place to post, but can't seem to delete the thread. sorry.
//double crap, actually got it working by turning on mouse keys in the ease of access settings. unless this information is potentially useful, please, delete the post. thanks.

Asus t100 is essentially a laptop with detachable keyboard and a touchscreen. As such, it makes for an awesome tablet with proper windows 8 on it. The problem is, ags games, whether stuff published by wadjet eye or indie thingies, don't recognize touchscreen as a mouse. It doesn't matter whether I'm using a program to emulate a mouse pointer or just touchscreen in the default mode, the games just won't run on it.

The error reads 'No mouse was detected on your system, or your mouse is not configured to work with directinput. you must have a mouse to play this game.'
This error is ags-specific, most of the games on the other engines run fine.

Is there something to be done? Also, guess it's worth mentioning that I'm a complete noob, meaning not a programmer at all.

Thanks in advance.

Cassiebsg

I think that's a good info for other ppl using an Asus t100 and having the same problem, so thanks for posting the solution here and am happy you solved it! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gilbert

Actually I don't see how this thread could not belong here, and as mentioned by Cassiebsg there are some useful information, so I don't think it is necessary to delete this thread.

Snarky

I moved this thread here from the General Forum. Guess I could have edited out that part.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk