Punk seeking opinions on a logo

Started by Igor Hardy, Fri 11/03/2016 13:59:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Igor Hardy

It's still WIP hence the rough look, but I'd like to keep the grittiness and overall feel of it.

What do you guys think? :) Grateful for suggestions.

moloko

Too much going on atm. You've got your skull island, blood pouring, leprechaun fishing... Reduce and purify. In this case: stick to three colors. Pink, black, white: perfect. Make a bold decision in what you wish to depict: leprechaun fishing in sea of blood, or island made out of a skull? In case of leprechaun: clear up leprechaun and make it the focus of attention. In case of skull island: lose the leprechaun. Keep in mind that the fishing line will never be curved like that. It will hang straight into the water.

Also: think of this logo as a circle. Put the island in the center, and have the see bee the lower half of the circle, black sky the top half. It'll feel more balanced. Add the gritty feel once everything is in place, legible and powerful. No sooner. Don't distort your letters to the point where they're illegible: have the red sea flow down into the letters, and place them standing up on a curve.

EDIT: Something like this may work.

Blondbraid

I agree with moloko, and I also didn't initially recognize the white object as a skull. The nose-hole should be a bit bigger, and maybe the teeth as well. As it is now the nose sort of disappear behind the pink stream and is easy to confuse with the other gritty lines on the skull.

Igor Hardy

Thanks guys! All advice noted, although I got so many contradicting advice so far that I'm not convinced about doing any major changes ( at least not just yet ). I will definitely work on making the lettering more legible. Fix that fishing pole. And add more definition.

Blondbraid: That skull was supposed to be not immediately recognizable as a skull. I know it might be a bit odd for a logo too lack perfect clarity, but this image will serve as an illustrative graphic as well as a logo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk