Unfinished The Longevity Gene

Started by markbilly, Sun 13/03/2016 14:55:50

Previous topic - Next topic

markbilly

https://mark_billy.itch.io

So what did you all think? Are you stuck on any puzzles? Are there any nasty bugs? Does the story make sense?

I've not thought about the game properly for a few years now so I'd be really interested to know what you all think. I learned an awful lot making it but it got to the point were I stopped believing I could ever really do my ideas justice.

Any feedback will also be really cool for if I ever go back and explore these ideas again on another game project.

Thanks.

Igor Hardy

I can't believe I'm playing The Longevity Gene and walking through the sceneries seen in the WIP thread after all these years! Like stepping into a dream. :)

Mandle

Just about to play the game but...Just a heads-up:

The winsetup doesn't work as you have probably renamed the main game .exe after compiling.

I believe the solution is to go back into AGS and then rename the game project folder to what you wish the game name to be.

Then compile the game again.

When AGS told you the game could not be renamed it lies I believe: It's as simple as renaming the game folder...

I might have some points wrong. Someone please correct if so...

markbilly

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll get right on it!

All sorted and re-uploaded to itch.io!

[delete}

Sensational, markbilly! Was always longing for this Gattaca-like space game for soo many years. And now it's mine!

Mandle

Played the game through to the point where:

Spoiler
I'm pinned down behind the boxes in the hanger
[close]

Despite many game-breaking bugs/errors (SAVE OFTEN!!!) the game is brilliant so far!!!

Does it just run out of content at some point and progression becomes impossible or does it have a real and obvious ending?

markbilly

It has a definite ending. Although not much of the story is wrapped up at that point...

Mandle

Quote from: markbilly on Wed 16/03/2016 09:39:57
It has a definite ending. Although not much of the story is wrapped up at that point...

That's great to know!

One other thing I meant to ask but forgot was:

Spoiler
The game has a few moral/side-taking choices but I found I could only progress along one path at some points and the other path dead-ended. Is that just me or are not all the choice-paths complete?
[close]

markbilly

All choices are complete. You might have hit a bug that dead-ended you...

Mandle

I can get as far as:

Spoiler
Getting into the ship and it firing up to take off and then the game crashes with this error message:

---------------------------
Illegal exception
---------------------------
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x7C95240B ; program pointer is +9917, ACI version 3.3.3.0, gtags (16,22)
[close]

markbilly

Ah I'll take a look when I get a spare few minutes.

Spoiler
P.S. That is the end, though!
[close]

Kumpel

I am at the same spot as mandle was before:

Spoiler
Pinned behind the hangar crates. How to pull that lever? Or is this what mandle means with dead end?

Spoiler
If yes, I never got Arron to show me his room without betraying Lana.

Does that
Spoiler
necklace I cleaned and never found a use for have anything to do with my problem?
[close]
[close]
[close]

markbilly

Some items have no use if you choose a certain path.

The hangar puzzle is just badly sign posted. No item is needed to solve it.

Mandle

Quote from: markbilly on Thu 17/03/2016 10:53:28
Some items have no use if you choose a certain path.

The hangar puzzle is just badly sign posted. No item is needed to solve it.

Hehe...it's a toughie too (I solved it by accident after trying all kinds of stuff for about an hour)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk