Unavowed - Released on August 8th!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 21/03/2016 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

SilverSpook

Definitely getting this once I get the money and it's out!

Dave Gilbert

Just received a bunch of new character portraits for the four companion characters. They now EMOTE with EXPRESSIONS.

A tiny minor detail but one I am enjoying immensely.

This is Logan. He can now express FEAR! 8-0

Thie is Mandana. She can now express HAPPINESS! :-D

This is Vicki. She can now express SARCASM! 8-)

This is Eli. He can now express ANGER! >:(

Cassiebsg

Really great work there!  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

nice stuff! Did you show that Djinns close up face already? Or is he a mystery? ;-D

Riaise

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Mon 24/04/2017 15:52:43This is Vicki. She can now express SARCASM! 8-)

This is more true than you realise. :P (laugh)

Seriously, though, the portraits look fantastic! ;-D

SilverSpook

I remember that last shot when it was just white stick figures!  Come a long way. :)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 24/04/2017 19:53:40
nice stuff! Did you show that Djinns close up face already? Or is he a mystery? ;-D

You mean this guy?

selmiak

InCreator

Looks awesome!
Mandana reminds me of Sinclair from Art of Fighting 3. And that boat scene Prince of Persia 2.

A question though, what is this weird base art resolution you're using? It looks too pixellated to be 640x480 yet I don't recall 320x240 being able to pack so much detail on single screen?

Dave Gilbert

It'S 640 x 360!

Matti

Very nice screens! I like the portraits.

Quote from: InCreator on Wed 26/04/2017 11:27:59
A question though, what is this weird base art resolution you're using? It looks too pixellated to be 640x480 yet I don't recall 320x240 being able to pack so much detail on single screen?

I think it's 640x360 (twice the size of 320x180) which is a reasonable aspect ratio for modern screens. [edit: beaten by Dave]

BunnyDeFluff

wow. so expressions. much portraits.

Mandle

A bit OT but I just thought I'd mention that Mostly Walking, a fairly famous youtube show that does weekly episodes blind-playing adventure games, just mentioned that they are playing a Wadjet Eye game starting from next week.

Previously they have played Gemini Rue and were very impressed with it. They have just finished The 7th Guest and said they need to "treat themselves" with a good game after that and decided on another Wadjet Eye game.

Mr Underhill

What I like most about these screenshots are the color schemes. Really good stuff.

Dave Gilbert

I did another devstream today! Here's me implementing a bunch of characters and scenes. NOT spoilery, I promise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1FHR2ZmM0I

luisdementia

Really fun streaming, can't wait for the next one.

Dave Gilbert

Thanks. They are fun to do.

Mandle

Thanks for the video, Dave. I was stoked to see that you mostly use AGS the same way I do. I had a great big smile on my face watching you prepare the view animations for Winnie and just clicking the Add New Sprite button until you ran out of sprites and then deleting the blank box. A process I go through every time.

Also the forgetting to turn scaling back on after the characters reenter the room from a different way. Feeling that!

You are quite fearless I must say to show the sometimes goofy process of development in this warts-and-all manner.

Going to be following more of your streams in the future for sure!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 25/05/2017 16:13:34
Thanks for the video, Dave. I was stoked to see that you mostly use AGS the same way I do. I had a great big smile on my face watching you prepare the view animations for Winnie and just clicking the Add New Sprite button until you ran out of sprites and then deleting the blank box. A process I go through every time.

There is a context menu in the View editor. It allows to copy all sprites from the sprite folder, clone loops, clone loops with frame flipped, etc. Maybe that's not very obvious that there is one, since the editor look like a seamless grey panel. I found it myself only by an occasional rightclick on a frame.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk