Unavowed - Released on August 8th!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 21/03/2016 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

Dave Gilbert

SilverSpook

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Wed 20/12/2017 18:04:16
Quote from: TheFrighther on Wed 20/12/2017 18:02:59

I beg your pardon, I didn't understand if there is a combat-system. The characters may die fighting the monsters and game-over?

Nope! No combat. Any fighting is done via typical adventure game mechanics.

Interesting. I've always thought point-and-click adventures were kind of like cRPGs minus the combat. This sounds like an elegant way to import some of the fun and interesting aspects of RPGs into a p-n-c while keeping the gameplay about puzzle/problem solving.

Dave Gilbert

So I've been doing quick little  devlogs where I show off various features of the game. Here are the first two (they are about five minutes long each):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mOhHzSN4Ww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRZyt0PSIoQ

Dave Gilbert

ââ,,¢Â«Ã¢â,,¢ÂªÃ¢â,,¢Â© Woahhhh we're halfway there (to the maximum sprite limit!) ââ,,¢Â«Ã¢â,,¢ÂªÃ¢â,,¢Â©

Working on the last section of this game now. This... might actually get done.

Privateer Puddin'

What was the highest you reached before?

Dave Gilbert

Technobabylon hit 10831. That's our highest so far.

Dave Gilbert

Stupot

Sweet. This game's going to be epic.

SilverSpook

Congrats on getting to the finish line!

Blondbraid

Congratulations, this must be one of the largest AGS projects I've seen, a pretty epic feat!

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: SilverSpook on Tue 16/01/2018 19:37:58
Congrats on getting to the finish line!

Not there YET. But getting close.

Surdy

Click'd

Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert

Just an update. The game has officially hit ALPHA (!!) and we are starting the painful process of testing it now. We're also starting the VO casting process.

This actually might get done.

Cassiebsg

might? might? Was there ever any doubt? ;-D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

selmiak

Does anybody even listen to these interviews. Dave talks about how he hates his life and wants to burn everything down in a huge fire and dance around it naked and high on Epinephrine and laugh like a maniac while in a background process he downloads unity for technobabylon 2! ;-D

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 11/02/2018 11:38:00
Does anybody even listen to these interviews. Dave talks about how he hates his life and wants to burn everything down in a huge fire and dance around it naked and high on Epinephrine and laugh like a maniac while in a background process he downloads unity for technobabylon 2! ;-D

It's been a rough year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk