Unavowed - Released on August 8th!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 21/03/2016 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

;)

I like both the idea of a technobabylon 2 and also making it in 3D. Using unity for that is probably the best choice atm if you don't want to write your won 3D game engine from scratch. I know blender has a game engine too and blender is open source, though unity is probably way more advanced than the blender game engine... yet. And all this happens when I think about making backgrounds for an AGS game completely in blender (or use real life photos or both mixed...) but I don't have a story yet or use the blender game engine for good... ;)

Yitcomics

Thank you so much for sharing your interview with Game Wisdom, for months I've been stumped and having the writers block until I watched this video, and suddenly something you said finally clicked in my mind. Also can't wait to play the game :-D 

Dave Gilbert

Happy to help! Now I'm curious what that magic piece of advice was, so I'll remember it when I get blocked next time. :x

Yitcomics

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Mon 12/02/2018 14:10:47
Happy to help! Now I'm curious what that magic piece of advice was, so I'll remember it when I get blocked next time. :x
Basically advice about writing dialogue & characters 55:20-58:50 ;)

Dave Gilbert

Thought you guys might get a kick out of hearing some samples of the VO:

Frank Todaro as Eli.

SungWon Cho (AKA ProZD) as Kalash

Since the cast is so large, I opted to record half of it with remote actors this time around. Anyone who has worked with me before (hi Francisco and Vince and Josh and Vic) knows I HATE doing that, so this was a big step for me.  In March we're going to be having two weeks straight of local recording sessions to get the rest of everything done (all 12k lines of it. Shudder), so I'll probably be posting quite a few of these!

Privateer Puddin'

How was the experience? Do you still hate it?

Dave Gilbert

Oh the experience was fine, and much easier than booking and travelling to a recording studio! My main issue with it is that it's much harder to get everyone's mic and sound levels consistent when all the VO is recorded on different microphones, so I have to be very diligent about listening to the recording quality during the auditions. But even still, I do miss the direct control I have when I direct in person. It's also a lot more fun. :)

sawyer

:grin:  Go Davey, go Davey, go Davey.:cheesy:

just a lil boost of ooorah..
Hope to see ya soon., Thanks for all you do. You and your better half...lol

Trample Pie

This looks so good.

Vampire: Bloodlines is my favourite game ever, and I love the Dresden Files. Unavowed is like a perfect mashup of things I like the most and I can't wait to play it! It's my most anticipated point and click by far.

Also I can't believe there are 122 rooms in your game. You are crazy.

Dave Gilbert

sawyer

selmiak

Hey Dave, I hope you didn't get my comment wrong on the previous page. Damned, I wasn't even drunk while writing this, just some kind of twisted humor that noone watches these long youtube video in whole and I could cite you however and make people actually watch this and excitement and surprise to find these 5 mins about tb2 in the loooong interview and also kind of disappointment you have to finish unavowed first before TB2. It's been indeed a rough year, oh my nerves, I wish you best of luck and lots of strength to make a great unavowed!

sawyer

:grin: Looks like dropped off radar.. Late 2018 I guess like december? Lamplight City also looks to never b complete. like one is waiting for the other to release so second out will like win some kinda sale race?  just a guess

Dave Gilbert

Getting close! We're at the "beta" stage now and going through the testing process. A preview build is going out to the press on Friday and we're going to announce a release date sometime in the next couple of weeks. I know I haven't kept up this forum thread like I should have, but you can follow the game's progress on our Twitter feed!

Chicky

That's great news Dave, all that work is paying off! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Dave Gilbert

Thanks! The problem with the final, fiddly stages of a game's development is that it's just not all that interesting to talk about!

sawyer

God bless you n yours dave.. Great things you do, touching peoples lives with these games of yours..
I want thank you for all u do.. I was just trying elicit a response: and got one...
Thanks Dave..You deserve a break today!!

Dave Gilbert

Slight brag mode.

Look what just hit #1 on the Adventure Gamers Hype-O-Meter!

Stupot

Quote from: Dave Gilbert on Wed 30/05/2018 16:05:27
Slight brag mode.

Look what just hit #1 on the Adventure Gamers Hype-O-Meter!

Sweet.

TheFrighter

Sorry, my heart belong to Larry.  :~(

_

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk