Can't run the game (A serious error occurred)

Started by BrutalSlakt, Wed 13/04/2016 07:35:53

Previous topic - Next topic

BrutalSlakt

Hello everyone! Today (after using AGS for a long time on my PC), upon running a game project, I was greeted with this screen:

(System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process)

When I start the editor I can run the game once, but if I then close it and run it again I get the error.

If I restart the editor I can run the game once, but after that I get the error.

I tried running another project: same result. I tried installing another AGS version (zip): same result.

I've looked at the processes in the Task Manager but I didn't find anything out of the ordinary.

It is weird because I am not sure what caused it, as I said AGS editor was functioning pretty much flawlessly.

What can I do?

Khris

Does this happen regardless of how much time passes between the first and second run?
Because I occasionally get an error like that when I close, make a change and re-run too quickly in sequence.

BrutalSlakt

The time doesn't seem to matter, and it doesn't matter if I change anything either. :-\

Slasher

Perhaps windows is not closing the game.. open task manager and see if it is still there...

Crimson Wizard

Could you tell, which version of AGS are you using, and where is your game project located (not exact location, but just generally - in user documents, other custom folder, etc)?

When this happens and you are looking in the Task Manager, do you see acwin.exe or name of your game exe there?

This was happening before, and I experienced similar problem myself, but only on one particular computer.

BrutalSlakt

I've tried the 3.3.3 and 3.3.5 versions (both the regular and the mp3 free), I have the project in a custom folder C:\custom\custom\gameproject

When I run the game the first time I see it in the task manager, then I close the game and it goes away.

EDIT: I found the problem! I turned off the antivirus and now it works. I use Panda Free Antivirus.
I used to have Avast and I don't remember if I've used AGS after I switched but Avast never gave me any problems.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk