Game Displays as windowed, all the time?

Started by Squinky, Tue 03/05/2016 05:55:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Hi guys,

Trying to come back at this, with knowledge of older versions.

But no matter what I try, my test games display in tiny windows. No matter the resolution, or options I choose in the setup.

This has to be something stupid and simple I am missing right?

Thanks for any help.

Crimson Wizard

What version of AGS are you using? We had similar bug before.

Squinky

It's 3.3.4, which is not the newest one now I guess. It's good to hear this isn't a "thing", I'll go download the new one.

Thanks!

Crimson Wizard

Hm, frankly, I do not remember seeing such bug in the 3.3.4; I was thinking about different version.
Only thing I can consider is that the configuration is not saved properly for some reason.
Well, I guess it may make sense to check if 3.3.5 works well for you first.

Squinky

Yup, it is still doing the same thing with the newer version. I'm sure I am just doing something goofy....But damn if I know what it is.

Crimson Wizard

Okay, there are couple of things you could check.

1) When you run the setup program, what is set in the "Graphics settings | Filter" field?
2) What would happen if you build the game (Build -> Build Exe), then run setup and game directly from Compiled folder (not from the editor)?
3) What would happen if you copy "acsetup.cfg" from Compiled folder into _Debug folder, and run from the Editor again?

Squinky

Thanks for all the help.

So general info, the game itslef is set up for 640x480. In the setup screen it is using the directdraw 5 deal....

1. There is nothing in the graphic filter area.
2. It still displays in a window
3. The same again, it plays in a lil window.

Weird right?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Squinky on Tue 03/05/2016 16:47:18

It's entirely blank? You don't see a text like "no filter" or "nearest neighbour" or "none"?
In that case it means that it's the setup program that is failing. It can't even read or set some values from its config file. Just like Crimson Wizard, I'm definitely suspecting some read/write issue.

1. from what folder do you run winsetup.exe?
2. Did you try running it as administrator (right-click--> "run as administrator") ?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Squinky on Tue 03/05/2016 16:47:18
I must admit, I am too very much confused by this. Either something terribly wrong is going on, or we have a misunderstanding.
Could you post a screenshot of setup program?

Squinky

Sorry guys, bad communication on my part. It just says none. Meaning I haven't selected a filter.

I have discovered though, that I can get it to display full screen if I chose 32bit graphics.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Squinky on Tue 03/05/2016 19:52:13
Sorry guys, bad communication on my part. It just says none. Meaning I haven't selected a filter.

The "none" filter means that the game will try to run in its native resolution (640x480). If you have hi-res display, like 1920x1080, the game will of course look like a small window.

Try selecting "Max nearest-neighbour" filter, and you will get a larger window, possibly covering most of your screen.

Squinky

Oh okay. Sorry for wasting your time on this guys. I just haven't really dug into Ags in like ten years....things have changed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk