AGS 3.4.0.7 - Almost Beta

Started by Crimson Wizard, Thu 05/05/2016 18:53:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

I changed some font colors to white, while I was trying to set up the credits module, but can't remember what settings I changed anymore.

I'm referring to the the pane that displays the font, when you click on the Font branch on the Project tree, it opens a window/tab/pane with the Font settings and displays a box so you can see how they look like. That box is now all white. Normally it's black with the font characters displayed in white.
So I'm guessing that somewhere I set the background color of that pane to white. But beats me how. ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 28/05/2016 01:08:33
I changed some font colors to white,
But where do you change font colors? You mean setting text color in script? or character speech colors?

Also, does it occur with any project you load in the editor now?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: AGD2 on Fri 27/05/2016 15:34:21
However, there's one issue I've noticed, so far, in relation to queued music. In my game's Title Screen (room 300), there's a lead-in music track set to play one time, followed by a queued, looping music track:

Code: ags
SetGameOption(OPT_CROSSFADEMUSIC, 0);
mMaintheme_jingle.Play(eAudioPriorityVeryHigh, eOnce);
mMaintheme_loop.PlayQueued(eAudioPriorityVeryHigh, eRepeat);

When the game is run, the lead-in track plays, but when it finishes, the queued track doesn't kick in. The first track just stops abruptly and there is silence. This used to work before I upgraded to AGS 3.4.0.7. If I change the crossfade value from 0 (none) to 4 (fast), it does play the queued track.

Regarding this, I tested similar script out, and it worked fine for me... would you mind sending me a project for a test?

Cassiebsg

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 28/05/2016 16:33:20
Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 28/05/2016 01:08:33
I changed some font colors to white,
But where do you change font colors? You mean setting text color in script? or character speech colors?

Also, does it occur with any project you load in the editor now?

It only affected this project, but I just realized where I changed it, even though I was unaware I had changed anything. Apparently I changed the Palette color 0 to white, while I was just tying to grab a color number to copy/paste into the script.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 28/05/2016 17:17:09
It only affected this project, but I just realized where I changed it, even though I was unaware I had changed anything. Apparently I changed the Palette color 0 to white, while I was just tying to grab a color number to copy/paste into the script.
Oh I see... yes, I remember first colors in palette are "system" colors that AGS use to draw certain things in the editor too... which may be very misleading when you think about that.

AGD2

Okay, just sent you a PM, Crimson.

AGD2

There's another bug where Ego can clip (or completely walk) through other Solid characters which have a valid BlockingHeight/Width value set.

To trigger it, hold down an arrow key to walk and push against the non-walkable "square" that said character is creating. Sometimes you need to approach the other character from a few different angles, but sooner or later you'll be able to force Ego to walk through it.

Once the perimeter has been breached and you're standing within the other character's non-walkable square, you can easily walk out of it again with the arrow keys or a mouse click, like it doesn't exist.

And while standing within the non-walkable square, if you call player.PlaceOnWalkableArea it doesn't work, because the game behaves like you're already standing on the room's underlying walkable area (which the other character is blocking out by creating its own square non-walkable).

The intended behaviour should be that Ego stops completely when coming up against such a character, without being able to pass through it.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: AGD2 on Mon 30/05/2016 21:59:47
There's another bug where Ego can clip (or completely walk) through other Solid characters which have a valid BlockingHeight/Width value set.

I found you have already reported this a while ago: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?issue=553.0

AGD2

Ah, right. Is it an easy fix? Just wondering because we've started implementing a script-based workaround for the bug, which is difficult to get working properly. So I thought I should check to see if it's easy enough to fix on the engine side before we continue any further with it.

Cassiebsg

Uhm... is there a difference on how 3.4.0.7 handles Speech files?

I was just adding some voice acting wav/ogg lines to my BSG game and when testing to hear how they sound in game, no sound come out. I thought something was wrong with the file, so I increased the volumed of one saved it as both wav and ogg... moved the file(s) (one at a time) to the project and still no sound... so I decided to test the voices I already had, and nope, they didn't play either. ???

Opened then project in 3.4.0.6 and there the speech works just fine. ??? ??? ???

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 04/06/2016 23:11:12
Uhm... is there a difference on how 3.4.0.7 handles Speech files?
Is there "Use speech pack" check set in the config window?

E: Actually, I noticed that speech.vox is not being copied to the Compiled/Windows folder.
E2: Something weird is going on there. The Editor is supposed to create a hardlink to the speech file in the Compiled/Windows (the actual file is located in Compiled), but it sometimes fail to do so. I think creates it only when you do "Build EXE" for the second time.

E3: Ok, I confirm, it only copies speech.vox properly when you do full rebuild for the second time.

Cassiebsg

Okay, thanks for the reply. :)
Nice to know that it isn't entirely broken. (nod)

Crimson Wizard

Meanwhile........

....three years after the Splash Competition..... (8-0)

The new splash screen based on the design by abstauber!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e5veyvb2b8oz5i5/AGSEditor-3.4.0.7-new-splash.zip

Spoiler
[close]

ChamberOfFear

The splash screen looks really nice :) Would it be possible to update the icons of the AGS Editor (taskbar icon and etc.) to match the cup in the splash screen?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: ChamberOfFear on Tue 07/06/2016 12:30:39
The splash screen looks really nice :) Would it be possible to update the icons of the AGS Editor (taskbar icon and etc.) to match the cup in the splash screen?

One thing that really bothers me (it bothered me all the time, but even more now when I see it in real application) is that the cup is not blue. It is drawn upon blue background, but it is not blue itself, it is white... :-\
Aside from this issue with traditional cup color, I do not think white cup will look well as an icon.

E:
That said, abstauber had another version of the cup, as shown here:

I know the first splash was chosen by community voting long time ago, but I wonder if we may try the blue cup with white outline (of minimal size) in the sake of experiment.
E: Or, alternatively, we may have white on on the splash and blue variant as the icons (unless that is too weird).

ChamberOfFear

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 07/06/2016 12:56:41
E: Or, alternatively, we may have white on on the splash and blue variant as the icons (unless that is too weird).

I think that's a great idea, let's do that.

cat

Quote from: ChamberOfFear on Tue 07/06/2016 13:15:26
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 07/06/2016 12:56:41

I think that's a great idea, let's do that.
+1

Neo_One

I had compiled for Linux and work fine :). But i have a question: I have two languages in my game ¿How can i chosse them?, always start with the language by default.

Cassiebsg

You need to run winsetup to change it, or you can make a GUI at game start to let the player choose (am guessing, haven't tried it).
For Linux, have no idea... but if the GUI idea works, then I would go with that. ;)

Crimson Wizard

We do not have setup program for Linux, but user may edit configuration file and set their own language, or other parameters.

Here's a list of options for config file, the graphics options are not updated to 3.4.0 yet, but others should work fine: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/blob/master/OPTIONS.md

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk