BACKGROUND BLITZ - Where's Jeff? (TROPHYS AVAILABLE)

Started by Frikker, Sat 14/05/2016 23:33:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Frikker

VOTING EXTENDED TILL 25th JUNE
Ok so my computer is out of order for a few days thanks to technical failure and I can't figure out how to link images on my ipad so im afraid you will have to scroll the posts to see the entrys.

VOTING WILL BE IN THE CATEGORIES OF :

CONCEPT
PLAYABILITY
ARTISTIC EXCECUTION
WHO HID JEFF THE BEST AND GETS HALF HIS LOOT OR GOES MISSING UNDER SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES MAYBE PROBABLY

We had three amazing entrys by Grok , SinSin and Mandle but who gets your votes and why?

Voting will end on midnight gmt time on the 25th

trophys to follow I promise :)

Ok so Ive put a bit of a twist on this months BACKGROUND BLITZ..... If its too ridiculous then shout up and ill change it to something a bit more normal. But I had an idea so im going with it...... :)

I am happy to announce the new BACKGROUND BLITZ:

WHERE'S JEFF?
Jeff, the master criminal (and full time horse) has just done his biggest bank job yet, and is on the run. The cops are hot on his tail and he needs somewhere to hide quick!
Thats where you come in.... Jeff needs to hide in your game and if you keep him out of jail, he will of course share half his loot with you, or just tell you that and then kill you later...pfft, criminals eh?

So, in true Where's Wally style (Wheres Waldo in other countries) design a background that will hide Jeff, his bag'o'swag and his lucky potato from the rozzers. You should be able to save the sprites as .PNG and they will have transparent backgrounds.

The rules: you must include all three sprites in your background. you can change the colours of them to suit but nothing extreme. you can rotate, scale and do whatever you want as long as it is not clearly cheating. If pixel art isn't your style then you can redraw them yourself too. No painting Jeff black and hiding him in a shadow or making him one pixel wide or anything like that :grin:
You don't have to go for the typical Where's Wally idea with loads of people, just come up with the best idea you can to hide Jeff and his stuff.   

There will be the usual voting categories of CONCEPT, ARTISTIC EXECUTION and PLAYABILITY but I will introduce a fourth category for who you thought did the best job of hiding Jeff and his loot :)

The deadline is 11.59 pm GMT on the 14th June and the winners will be announced on the 18th

You get the idea. Now, I hear sirens , so get going!

AS PROMISED, HERE ARE THE TROPHYS FOR OUR WINNERS OF FIRST AND JOINT SECOND PLACE :)

cat

Awesome idea! Let's see if I can come up with something.

Frikker

That's great Cat :-D I was worried that doing something a bit different would not go down too well.
Good luck with your entry and hopefully plenty others will give this a go :)

updated the deadline btw as I forgot to put it in, see above .

Haggis

Grok, that is superb! It took me so long to find Jake. I love the way you've managed to reflect how busy the scene is in your picture. Bustling like a bustle.

Frikker

Haha! Awesome Grok :) thanks for participating with a great entry.

Oh and Haggis... JEFF told me to tell you that your house is his next looting target, since you got his name wrong. Lock your doors and hide your potatoes.
Oh and your money.

Mandle

Took me a good while to find Jeff in Grok's picture too!

I love the picture as well. The signs' font made me wonder about the town's name though:

"Comic Sans Pedro"?

Haggis

Oh i found jeff really quickly, but it took me ages to find Jake. Jake is always hiding. He tells me all his secrets...

Haha, seriously how did i get that wrong, i even checked it before posting! I'll put out my finest carrots.

Danvzare

I found all three almost instantly.
Jeff was a little hard because he kind of blends in with the background (the other horses), but he wasn't too hard.

Definitely a really good entry.
I can't wait to see the other entries. :-D

Tournk

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 22/05/2016 09:56:07
Jeff was a little hard because he kind of blends in with the background (the other horses), but he wasn't too hard.

Yep, all horses look the same (laugh). But yea, he was kinda easy as I saw him first. Finding his bag'o'swag was harder.

And btw, awesome entry Grok.
Reaction is always funny.

Grok

Glad that ye all liked my little picture, folks. Hope to see a lot more.

@Mandle
We the people of the little village of Comic Sans Pedro take a great pride in our hand lettered signs. Our best work is on the tombstones in our cemetery though. Just saying.

Frikker

"Here lies Mandle, a foolish man, went and bad-mouthed Comic Sans" .........

Mandle

Frikker

Did it make your morning enough to inspire you to give Jeff a helping hand and make him a background to hide out in? There's either half a bag of loot or a deadly backstabbing in it for you if you try , and come on we already got your tombstone sorted in the event of the latter so what you got to lose?

Also , BREAKING NEWS : The cops' top sniffer dog, Sniffy McSnifferson has picked up a fresh scent of smelly horse-shoes and they are heading into Comic Sans Paulo to check it out. jeff needs somewhere to relocate to quickly so who's going to hide him next?

Mandle

Quote from: Frikker on Mon 23/05/2016 00:09:19
they are heading into Comic Sans Paulo Pedro to check it out. jeff Jake needs somewhere to relocate to quickly so who's going to hide him next?

:-D

Frikker

Arrghh :-[:tongue:

I can't believe that after picking up and mentioning Haggis' mistake, I went and did the same.
Please see below for list of desperate excuses.

It was late
I was tired
I hadn't eaten all day
Damn predictivw txtt
My dog died
Geez! Chiselling gravestone epitaphs is a demanding job that really drains you.
My Grandma made a surprise visit
I had the flu
Badgers raided my house
My Grandma died
Cheese
A black cat crossed my path
I ran over somebodys cat
The dog at my homework
Your Mum

Cassiebsg

But it is Jeff, isn't it? Or is it part of his disguise and now answers to the name of Jake? (laugh)

Anyway, awesome BG Grok! I had some hard time finding the cash bag, but Jeff I found right away! I Think it's that gree shirt button that keeps distracting my eyes... ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SinSin

I'm really, REALLY Sorry people but I felt compelled to do this!!  (laugh)     

Solution will follow on the deadline date..   ENJOY :-D
Currently working on a project!

Haggis

You fiend - I found all the 'originals' finally but now my eyes feel funny!

Danvzare

I found Jeff.. but no way can I find the bag-o-swag and the potato.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk