Naomi picture

Started by Mats Berglinn, Thu 10/04/2003 20:02:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy in Germany

Also, Dragon's change makes the woman (girl?) look far more attractive, which I suppose is the look you're trying for. Instead of big, your picture looks more... saggy?

Anyway, that's my advice, take it or leave it.

Mats Berglinn

Yeah, ok, ok, I'm sorry! I'm very very very sorry, Dragonrose! I have quite short-temper and there some things I can't tolerate. I hope you can forgive me but I didn't like the way you changed it.

Well, I guess that AIG have right. But still want (please stop picking at me for this, please :() her breasts to be vinisble. Could you guys make it better without having to make the melons disappair or something? I'm very sorry for being mean, so please don't ignore me :'(.  

Flippy_D

But they're still there, you wouldn't have shading there for no reason! And like I said, the side view would make it as obvious as you want!

/exasperated.

Dave Gilbert

Flippy is right.  From the front you want to show breasts by subtle shading.  From the side you can draw them as big as you like.

SSH

I suggest that next time you see a woman with the correct proportions, you ask her if you can take some photos to help you draw the shadows right... it may not help your drawin but at least you'd have some nice photos  ;)

Mats Berglinn

Okay, thanks for all your suggestions.  :) Until I have seen a pic of a woman foward so I know how to shade, I have altered Naomi's breats a bit. But will try hard to find a way to shade her chest as you requested but if I can't well you know...

I have also made her in profile which I did in some minutes (manybe eight minutes total time, I dunno). I'm not sure about her hair and arm, so tell me if there's something wrong with them. Well, I will welcome other critics and if there's something I don't like I just tell it in a nice way, so don't worry, I won't get angry again. ;D

And by the way, I have missed her ear, sorry. :-[

n3tgraph

try looking to dragon's pic... The shirt doesn't take the exact form of the breasts.

And the sideview - hm.. again those breasts, they look like a lump or a zits.

take a look:

See what I mean
The front is improved a lot, but I still like dragonrose's way
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Mats Berglinn

Quote from: N3TGraph on Mon 14/04/2003 15:06:55

try looking to dragon's pic... The shirt doesn't take the exact form of the breasts.

I see you point but still... don't you actually see that on picture. But I don't know. Maybe it's just me. :-\

QuoteAnd the sideview  - hm.. again those breasts, they look like a lump or a zits.

take a look:

See what I mean

Yeah, maybe you're right. Naomi's boobs are suppoused to be natural, not siliconed or altered by plastic surgery. I'll see what I can do about it. By the way aren't your example a bit... hangy?  ??? I mean no offense, maybe I'm wrong but it seems like a bit of older women's breasts (like granny or so).

QuoteThe front is improved a lot, but I still like dragonrose's way
Thanks for that you thought it was an improvement but like I said, I will try to find a way to shade those.

Flippy_D

Actually, I reckon that's pretty accurate insofar as shape goes from the side. The new front view is much improved, well done.

Mats Berglinn

Flippy: I didn't really get what you mean by the first line. Do you mean that the pic is more precisly how draw 'em?

NT3Grath: When I look at your example and mine of Naomi in profile, I saw that the breast is like a zit. At least I think so. I'm not judging too much at details so it maybe my judgement that misses out those things. I wonder if it really are like your exampe, or is it? I don't know. My mind is kinda split, so I don't know what is right or wrong at the moment.

Any more oppinions?

MrColossal

ok don't click this unless you want to see a naked femal model http://fineart.sk/photo77.jpg

see her breasts? those are pretty large in comparison to the average sized breast, see her from the front, you can barely see them

but that's real life, not cartoon

what you're doing is cartoon so no one can really tell you that you are wrong if that is the style you are going for, but since you asked for a crit here it is

a breast from the side sags, all breasts that have mass sag and you don't have to be 80 to have a sagging breast see http://fineart.sk/photo76.jpg it just depends on the firmness of the breast http://fineart.sk/posture48.jpg

this is just the human body

this woman also has breasts like what i think you are trying to achieve http://fineart.sk/posture52.jpg  her too http://fineart.sk/posture50.jpg

you're character is probably wearing a bra, but no bra would really hoist the breasts up that high and hold them there, unless that's the cartoon look you want, but everyone will think fake plastic breasts

also notice the arms and legs, they go straight down and stop at just above mid thigh

the legs you have drawn come together right at the bottom of the skirt, try seperating the thighs a little so it looks like the legs go up under the skirt and continue to the pelvis

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Mats Berglinn

I see what you mean. But honestly, the first pic, do you call those "big" (now, please don't get uproared, gals and guys, it's just a personal opinion)? So the legs are weird? Well, let's see what I can do about it. If I don't do it tomorrow, maybe I will fix them when I come back from Spain(I go there tomorrow night). I'm trying to keep the lenght so it won't get shorter or taller than the front pic of Naomi. By the way, you didn't mentioned what was wrong with the arms. Were they to long or "wrong" placed or something?

Ok, so the looks are cartoony but the actions and events are more of realistic things than cartoon (maybe apart from the Voodoo-magic). You can't tell it but of course Naomi wears a bra.  ;) She is not that kind of a type thats a beauty with no brain (by the way I hate that cliché) but she is a beauty with a brain. I just you want to know it, it's not importaint for the story or how the characters are drawn. But one thing's for sure, Naomi isn't the only female character in Hawaiian Treasure but one of very few (maybe I should discuss about male and female characters in General forum).

Anything else?

MrColossal

look at the picture of the women and then look at the sprite you made, can you see any differences you want to change? that's the best advice i can give you without walking you through step by step as you draw the sprite

do the arms look different to you? do you care if they don't look natural? it's all up to you and what you're willing to put into the image i'm not going to break your sprite down any more when the best information has already been said and is contained in the images i posted...

and i don't want to get into a debate about breast size... but you do know that the average breast size isn't double L right? that it varies from region to region and is usually C... so yes, those breasts are larger than average
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Rincewind

Really nice sprite, Mats, but as others have said, it could use some improvements. I'm not going in to the debate about how womens breasts look, but I have made a little modofication of Naomi myself...

Just some small things, such as double-pixels and some proportions.
I haven't touched her face, since that was incredible as it was.
Her feet looked a bit akward standing out like that, so I put them pointing forwards instead.

Hope you approve of it. ;D

n3tgraph

wow rince, that's a great improvement,

though I have some comments on your pic....
Assuming this is an attractive woman, either her shoulders are too wide or her hips are tho thin, or a combination of them...

:)
but the legs are a lot better ;)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Jimi

I like this pic, but I think you could make the shoulders thinner. They are too big, and make her look very "big", but when you look at the hips, she seems thin. I still think it is good though.

n3tgraph

Quote from: Jimi on Wed 16/04/2003 14:24:46
I like this pic, but I think you could make the shoulders thinner. They are too big, and make her look very "big", but when you look at the hips, she seems thin. I still think it is good though.

didn't I just say that? :P
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Jimi

yes, but I wanted to second your comment.   :-[

Rincewind

N3TGraph & Jimi:
Yep, you are both correct...
I might change it, but  it was mainly the arms and feet I was amining at.
As I said, I hope Mats won't be offended by me changing it around a bit... ;D

Jimi

I doubt it. It looks MUCH better than the original as the legs and arms are no longer giant, and the boobs no longer make her look like a model for an "adult site"  :-\

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk