video gui

Started by phillipPbor, Tue 17/05/2016 20:42:34

Previous topic - Next topic

phillipPbor

HI, have ever said about GUI's right? that can talk.
example play at 3:57
how dose it happened? tell me how it happened.
thank you.
I am new here..
need a musician composer though...

Snarky

Your question is not comprehensible English and makes no sense. There is no GUI in the video you link at 5:30 in. The video shows a normal dialog cutscene.

Also, you haven't replied to the response to your last thread. Maybe you should let people know whether your last problem was solved before you post a new one.

phillipPbor

forgive me, (what I mean was) play the video at 3:57 you would see that fat boss in the box is animating and talking in a same time.
I am new here..

Snarky

Well, I don't know how it was specifically done in this game, but how I would do it would be to have the framed inset panel as a room object, initially invisible, and the boss just as a regular character (also initially invisible). You might need to set the object's z-order so that it's behind the character. When the cutscene starts, make both of them visible, play the starting animation (him picking up the phone), and then just do a normal dialog or series of scripted "say" commands. At the end, play the ending animation (hanging up, pressing the button, laughing), make the character and object invisible, and then either end or continue the cutscene.

There are other ways to do it too, but this should be the most straightforward.

phillipPbor

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 17/05/2016 22:23:15
Well, I don't know how it was specifically done in this game, but how I would do it would be to have the framed inset panel as a room object, initially invisible, and the boss just as a regular character (also initially invisible). You might need to set the object's z-order so that it's behind the character. When the cutscene starts, make both of them visible, play the starting animation (him picking up the phone), and then just do a normal dialog or series of scripted "say" commands. At the end, play the ending animation (hanging up, pressing the button, laughing), make the character and object invisible, and then either end or continue the cutscene.

There are other ways to do it too, but this should be the most straightforward.

your saying that I need a character to complete.
but... you need a blinking and idle animation playing. how do you do it?

character/object in front of the GUI? its impossible is it?
I am new here..

Snarky

No, you don't actually need a blinking and idle animation, but if you want you can just set it to the standing frames. For instructions on how to create a character, see the manual.

Whether or not having a character in front of a GUI is impossible (I think it is, but there are always workarounds), it's not necessary in this case. You shouldn't use a GUI for this.

phillipPbor

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 21/05/2016 20:19:16
No, you don't actually need a blinking and idle animation, but if you want you can just set it to the standing frames. For instructions on how to create a character, see the manual.

Whether or not having a character in front of a GUI is impossible (I think it is, but there are always workarounds), it's not necessary in this case. You shouldn't use a GUI for this.

then what shell I do now? delete all the GUI work I have worked so hard and long for?
I am new here..

Icey

Create a GUI that fits the dimensions of your game. How I would do it is I would make the a little box/window in my art program of choice of the guy sitting idle which would be one frame or multiple if I wanted him to animate while idling (e.g. he's drinking coffee or smoking a cigar). Create a blank button on the GUI where you want the "video box" to go. Replace the button default image with the idle frame or one of the ones that you made for the idle animation. Line the button up on screen where you want the box/window to appear when it's activated in game.

When it's time to bring the box/window on screen during the call just say [Gui name].visible = true;

It will appear as normal, if you want the box/window to animate an idle view then I say before making the Gui visible set the button to animate first.

When the person in box/window begins talking you could tell the box/window to animate using the talking animation you made for it. Call that first and make sure it's set to repeat no block. Same for the idle. After you call the talking animation just have cEgo or make a new sample character, set their text color and just have them speak when you need the box/window to talk. When they are done with their lines just set the box/window button back to idle view.

EXAMPLE:

Button.animate(animation0,repeat no block);//It I believe it animates on loop/repeat by default so you might not see a repeat option
Gui.visible = true;
Button.animate(animation1,repeat no block);
cEgo.say("Line 1");
cEgo.say("Line 2");
cEgo.say("Line 3");
Button.animate(animation0,repeat no block);

call this when you're done with the GUI
Gui.visible = false;

This works and there are other ways to do this, everyone has one that works for them. But I hope my example was clear.

phillipPbor

i think ronia would be a character rather then object.
but if she was, what can i add?
the character should be invisible at the start of the game right now.
but it wasnt.
I am new here..

Crimson Wizard

phillipPbor, I am not sure I understand what problem are you having.  icey games gave you an example of putting animation on GUI in his post above, did you try that? Why does not that work for you?

phillipPbor

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 22/09/2016 00:20:09
phillipPbor, I am not sure I understand what problem are you having.  icey games gave you an example of putting animation on GUI in his post above, did you try that? Why does not that work for you?
uhm... i was expecting a ..."demo"?
I am new here..

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: phillipPbor on Thu 22/09/2016 00:25:36
Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 22/09/2016 00:20:09
uhm... i was expecting a ..."demo"?
What kind of "demo"?

Icey games explained what you can do with decent amount of detail. You also have manual where you can read meaning of script commands.
Did you actually try to follow icey games' advice? Like creating a GUI with button, the View with character talking animation, and writing a small script similar to script like he showed. Or you did not even try yet?
Maybe you did not understand something from his explanation, then it would be easier if you told which part you have problem with.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk