Ten years in business! :o

Started by Dave Gilbert, Fri 20/05/2016 16:47:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

I'm so happy for you that you've been able to make Wadjet Eye Games a success on your own terms (and in the way that matters to the rest of the world: by developing and publishing adventure games that rank among the best of the genre). No one deserves it more! Your talent, dedication, good sense and just gosh-dang niceness is an inspiration to all, and the opportunities you've been able to offer to talented members of the AGS community have realized untold amounts of potential. Heartfelt congratulations!

Good luck going forward to you, Janet, and the whole Wadjet Eye team! May you have many more decades of success ahead!

MiteWiseacreLives!

Congratulations!!
It's so great that not only have you shown what can be done but you've faithfully brought many fellow AGS'rs along for the ride  ;-D

SinSin

Congratulations to Dave, Janet and all contributors to Wadjet Eye.

I remember meeting Dave in 2007 (Brittens) in a sleepy town in Wales and asking all about his games whilst everybody else went climbing a rather large hill. Who knew his efforts would take him this far?

To be honest I kind of knew Dave would go far just by talking to him.

A successful company of any size needs a guy like him at the helm, A well driven individual with creative purpose who never gives in (Thinking of when Steam temporarily turned them down for distribution that one time ).

May you continue to entertain the masses for many years to come!!
Currently working on a project!

Sslaxx

Glad to be able to play your games, Mr G, and I hope to be able to do so for many years yet!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Azure

Holy crap, congratulations!
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

cosmicr

Well Done Dave, I've been trying to make an adventure game since the 90's but never achieved anything close to what you have. Definitely something to strive for. Crongratulations on creating a great empire in Wadjet Eye.

dactylopus

A well deserved congratulations.

Wadjet Eye is truly an inspiration, and I wish you the best for the future.

Dave Gilbert

I remember that conversation, SinSin! I was terribly jetlagged and didn't feel like climbing up a mountain. I stayed behind along with you and... I think it was Annie? I remember complaining that it was July and freezing. :)

Anyway, thank you all again for the well-wishes.

RickJ

Congratulations Dave and Janet  :grin:

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Ark

I'm probably late, but anyway - congratulations! (nod)
Love your games! Always inspiring. Especially Blackwell and Primordia. Would replay these any day. :)   

dbuske

congraduations
I bought Shardlight and like it alot. Tough puzzles though
What if your blessings come through raindrops
What if your healing comes through tears...

Alan v.Drake

Congrats Dave!

Yes, I'm still alive
- Alan

Phemar

Wow, ten years! Bartimaeus and I competed against you with The Netherworld way back during that Mags. Good times!

SilverSpook

Congrats!  Hopefully a reasonable number of more years of great games from Wadjet Eye! Don't do an AGSexit just yet. :)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: SilverSpook on Tue 05/07/2016 22:07:38
Congrats!  Hopefully a reasonable number of more years of great games from Wadjet Eye! Don't do an AGSexit just yet. :)

At this point there's very little else I CAN do. So it's this or nothing. :)

luisdementia

Congrats Dave! Longtime fan here, I've played almost every single Wadjet Eye game, and I hope you continue making adventure games for a looooooong time. :)

Greg Squire

Congrats Dave! Has it really been that long? Man time flies. I'm definitely a fan of your games and what you've been able to build on your own terms. You are an inspiration to me and many others! Thank you! Hope the adventure continues for many more years to come!

james.hancox

Congratulations Dave! Big fan, really looking forward to Unavowed :)

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: james.hancox on Fri 08/07/2016 12:13:31
Congratulations Dave! Big fan, really looking forward to Unavowed :)

Me too! :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk