Forest scene. (Considering camp fire ! )

Started by SinSin, Mon 23/05/2016 14:59:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Quote from: Kumpel on Tue 14/06/2016 12:00:15
These tiny eyes need blinking :D maybe after 30 seconds or so (laugh)

+1

Was just thinking the same. (laugh)

Looks great now. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Darth Mandarb

Ah! GREAT job!

The only thing left I would suggest is to make the same flickering light pattern on the grass/area around the torch too (maybe make the shadow of the torch poles "dance" a little too)!

Here's a similar example of something I did a few years ago:

Aside from that I think this has been another great example of the CL taking a BG from good to great!

Frikker

Great suggestions everyone! , Adding to the flicker topic, I feel that you would get the actual colour of the flame in the areas highlighted by it, like in Darth's example above, you can see the yellow of the flame on the areas affected by it. your scene has got a lot darker now, so it looks as if the primary light source is the torch, but the colour of the overall scene does not match in my opinon. Just needs more yellow/orange, especially in the flicker affected areas. hope this helps

Mouth for war

Darth is that from my game? I remember asking for some help with lighting and you provided that help :-D sorry about going OT. Your bg looks really good!!!
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sun 24/07/2016 10:26:35Darth is that from my game? I remember asking for some help with lighting and you provided that help
Yessir I believe it is/was!

SinSin - any update on the BG? I'd love to see how it turned out!

SinSin

Sorry to disappoint you folks but there has been no further updates as of yet.

Thanks for asking though I will update (at some point) so keep an eye out peeps  :D
Currently working on a project!

Matsui

Really very nice. The changes you've made are good.

I'm no artist so i may be talking nonsense but maybe the ground around the flame should be a little more lit and flickering.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk