error at playing a very short sound bite (mp3, < 0,5secs)

Started by Kumpel, Tue 31/05/2016 14:59:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumpel

Hey guys,

got a problem playing a very short sound (less 0,5secs) in Beta 3.4.0.7

Quote---------------------------
Illegal exception
---------------------------
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x778D3306 ; program pointer is +77, ACI version 3.4.0.7, gtags (4,0)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and post the details on the AGS Technical Forum.

in "GlobalScript.asc", line 372

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl+C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK   

#9 is the line in question

Code: ags

//GlobalScript

cCar.LockViewFrame(8, 2, 0);
   AudioChannel *sfx = aEngineIdle.PlayFrom(1000, eAudioPriorityHigh, eRepeat);
   sfx.Volume = 20;
   object[5].Move(cHag.x-30, cHag.y-21, 4, eBlock, eAnywhere);
   aFireWorkWhistle.Stop();
   aHit.Play(eAudioPriorityVeryHigh, eOnce);
   object[5].Move(cHag.x+10, cHag.y+10, 7, eBlock, eAnywhere);
   object[5].Visible = false;
   object[3].Visible = true;

Can someone tell me what the problem is?

Kumpel

New CrashDump. Doesn't seem to be the mp3 (works on another place)

I changed "aHit.play(...);" to "AudioChannel *Hit = aHit.Play(...);" and the error line wandered up to line #7

Does this link work?
dumpfile

Crimson Wizard

The dump looks strange... Say, do you have any temporary overlays created before this script runs? Because it looks like the crash occurs during the blocking object movement, when the game decides to delete overlay from screen.

Also, I could try running the compiled game under debugger, if that is acceptable for you to send me it; that could make things bit faster.

Joe

I've had problems with the AGS mp3 player before, it got "solved" when I converted the mp3file to ogg. You could try using ogg aswell and tell if the problem persists. Good luck.
Copinstar © Oficial Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk