[SOLVED] AGS 3.3.5 update issue from 3.4.0.6 alpha

Started by silverwolfpet, Sun 05/06/2016 10:38:05

Previous topic - Next topic

silverwolfpet

Hello!

I tried updating from 3.4.0.6 alpha to 3.3.5 released, and the game I was working on won't load anymore.
I had backups, I reverted to 3.4.0.6 alpha.  The only reason I want to update is to fix the fullscreen mouse acceleration issue.

I've read the forums and as far as I understood it COULD be possible to manually fix the issue with a few lines of code in the beta. I may be mistaken, but I need a little bit of help, please.
The manual doesn't have the "Updating to 3.3.5" section or, at least for me, it won't show up in the search results.

Any clues, please? I have a feeling I missed something along the way. :)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: silverwolfpet on Sun 05/06/2016 10:38:05
I tried updating from 3.3.5 beta to 3.3.5 released, and the game I was working on won't load anymore.
Could you be more specific? Won't your game project load in the Editor, or does not game start? Are there any error messages?

Quote from: silverwolfpet on Sun 05/06/2016 10:38:05
The manual doesn't have the "Updating to 3.3.5" section or, at least for me, it won't show up in the search results.
This topic is called "Upgrading to 3.3.5", it should be located in the topmost level of Contents, along the other "Upgrading to ***" topics.

silverwolfpet

Oops, sorry about that. I thought it was a common issue.

AND I dun goofed... I meant a DIFFERENT build:

This is the error I am getting. So basically:
1. Have AGS 3.4.0.6 Alpha installed (link here)
2. Download AGS 3.3.5 Release version (ZIP here)
3. Unzip the AGS 3.3.5 and overwrite the files you already had installed

I didn't use the installer out of fear of messing up my project completely :P

Then:

4. Open AGS 3.3.5 Release version
5. Select game and proceed to open it so you can work on it
6. The following error appears:

As for the manual, again, I apologize but I searched all the topics... there is nothing on 3.5.5 or I just don't know how to use the search function properly.

This is all I see:

I want to update only because I would like to have the mouse-issue on fullscreen fixed but I dunno if my game can still be in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
These are the main two reasons.

Currently, on 3.4.0.6 alpha, the game is in a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is good - but the mouse-issue on fullscreen persists.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you very, very much for the info!

Crimson Wizard

You updated 3.4.0 to 3.3.5, that's downgrading, not upgrading. AGS 3.3.5 cannot run games made with 3.4.0.

The mouse acceleration fix (as well as other features from 3.3.5) is contained in the latest update of 3.4.0 (3.4.0.7). You can get it here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53510.0

As for the online manual, it is very much not up to date. I honestly do not even know who is in charge of maintaining it.... I recommend refering to the offline manual that comes with AGS installation.

silverwolfpet

Oh....

I thank you very much for your help. If you'll excuse me, I must go and wear my Bucket-of-Shameâ,,¢  for being an idiot.

:-[

Khris

Quote from: silverwolfpet on Sun 05/06/2016 13:22:47[...] there is nothing on 3.5.5 or I just don't know how to use the search function properly.
You kept reading it as 3.5.5, right? Happens to the best of us :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk