GAME IDEAS

Started by Sledgy, Mon 06/06/2016 23:32:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Sledgy

Put here in your ideas for new AGS games

Be creative!

---

(1)

Multiplayer AGS adventure (via any plugin or special programm) with 2 players and 1 plot

Players begin from different places (like DOTT), but in real-time (via Net). They must be cooperate (via actions, inventory), deathmatch :) and they've different ways to solve puzzles and pass the game

Adventure for 2+ players with 1 plot (multiplayer)

ShadowMan

If I tell my great ideas online someone might steal it! :tongue:

Gurok

I would like to see a Police Quest parody with the difficulty level of Cat Mario.
A short scenario lifted out of PQ. You play a young, rookie cop who has to navigate a hostage situation and arrest the captor. It's more about the telling than the story.

Any wrong move results in your instant death -- moving away from cover at the wrong time, moving into cover at the wrong time, chewing gum.
All with explanations of what a dummy you are.

Right moves can only be performed via an elaborate series of impossible to deduce steps. e.g.

Firing your weapon:
Before firing your weapon, you need to reverse the barrel because someone at the PD is a prankster
Firing your weapon will take off your hand unless you dry fire it first to check for mechanical problems
To dry fire, you need to make sure the chamber is clear and assume a proper shooting position. Failure to do these will result in death via suspension from the force
Once the gun is checked and you fire it, the place will instantly ignite unless you deal with the unmentioned gas leak
After all of that, you're told you shouldn't fire your weapon anyway without an immediate threat. Your court martialling results in the death penalty

Approaching the house:
If you cross the lawn without looking, rabid gophers will attack you. You need to flush them out with the garden hose
When turning the tap, practise tap safety. Stop, listen and turn. If you don't do these things, a worn washer causes the tap assembly to explode in your face
The fitting will blow off the hose, irreparably damaging your uniform unless you replace the hose assembly
To replace the hose assembly, you need to review the proper assembly techniques outlined in the manual and mark the gauge at the correct position
Flushing will rupture the water table beneath the property unless you obtain maps from the water authority first

These might sound like convolution puzzles. They are, but they're extreme in that every single action results in death. I think it would work best with a text parser. It might actually prove easier than standard adventures in some ways. Cat Mario is billed as a platformer, but the "difficulty" really comes down to a simple game of memory and basic coordination. This could work the same way if you provided very direct clues after every death.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Blondbraid

How about an adventure game with an animal in the main role?
Not an anthropomorphic animal that can walk and act like a human,
but just a regular animal (not necessarily 100% realistic though).

It could lead to some interesting game-play and puzzles with
a protagonist that doesn't have hands or ability to speak...

I have seen few such games, but I think it has potential.
You could make a game about a police/rescue dog,
a pet trying to communicate with it's owner,
or maybe a wild animal trying to protect it's environment from humans.

Or a dragon. Everybody likes dragons.

Retro Wolf

How about Space Quest that meets Elite.
So you could walk around your ship and talk to crew members like a point and click adventure, but you could also trade and fight other ships from the bridge Star Trek style.
Land on and walk around procedurally generated planets and space stations!

Cassiebsg

Here you go Blondbraid... (laugh)(nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Blondbraid

No, but I saw a few trailers, it looks interesting. (nod)
There are a few games out there about animals, but there is still much untapped potential,
especially in puzzle and adventure games.

The dog in Dragon Age: Origins comes to mind, this dog has some hilarious conversations,
all delivered in barks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGLIi5ht3NQ (laugh)

Sledgy

Space Quest parody to Monkey Island

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk