Verbcoin Template: Using two inventories

Started by Blue Bee, Tue 07/06/2016 23:34:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Bee

Hi,

So I'm probably going to create my own verbcoin from scratch on this one, however, for my own sanity (and to satisfy my OCD) I'm wondering if anyone can give me a pointer on the following:

I'm utilising a second inventory (with a dummy character) as a note system, using the verbcoin template packaged with AGS (the idea being the verbcoin would also be used on this second inventory to 'review' or 'link' notes.)

not being an expert coder I used it as a learning experience and I've had the 2nd inventory working in previous games. However using the verbcoin I initially encountered the issue that the verbcoin wouldn't appear in the 2nd inventory GUI.

I managed to overcome this by replicating the code that deals with inventory clicks to include the 2nd GUI - however the actual act of clicking the interaction buttons doesn't do anything.

I have spoken to members of the community directly regarding this who have advised me to create my own verbcoin, as the templates code is a bit messy and broken so I'm in the process of doing that, however for my own piece of mind and knowledge can anyone advise on the code within the template that effects the above?

Thanks

Blue Bee

Figured it out, it was processing the clicks as 'outside inventory' as the original inventory wasn't open...

I can now sleep.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk