The Object of All Dreams

Started by KyriakosCH, Mon 20/06/2016 18:24:09

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

A horror adventure game I plan to release by early September at the very latest... Using AGS as the engine, and Blender to make gfx/animation :)

It is adapted from one of the short stories in a published book I have (not in English, it is a Greek publication :) ).

Update -22/7- It is decided this will be a demo chapter of the game. To be likely titled "Savagery" or similar :)
Character is the least bit worked part of the game, by now...

Just before the intro ends:

other part of the intro:

One of the cinematic--side scenes:

(placeholder bedroom)

Youtube intro video -may ne reowrked a bit- (with original music) is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CrrDkarGpI :D

(obviously huge parts of the interface are either placeholder or utterly missing atm ;) )

Fellow poster in the forum, Chris -credited in the intro-, will be providing some more excellent piano pieces for the game...!

Plot is dealing with the aspiration to escape a bad situation through a very striking success (solving a main math problem and gaining fame/money through that), and the triggered downfall (?).

Plot is 100%
Gfx are something close to 90%, other than the interface, which isn't worked on currently ;)
Sounds (non-OST) are mostly placed
Speech not done yet
OST anticipated in half a month-1 month.

I am happy with the plot, but that would have been the strong point anyway, given it is what i do professionally. I think it can be an interesting experience :)

Looking forward to your feedback, and I plan to update the thread when I can!
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Cassiebsg

Looking good!
Good luck! (nod) And don't hesitate to ask around if you need help.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gurok

The renders look nice (very neat).

Good luck with the game!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

KyriakosCH

I plan to update the first post with in-game pics (at least two), showing the cursor and the screens. I might include a text there, but I haven't yet chosen the final font, so it will be generic font. At least it would show part of the storyline :)

So, stay tuned... for later today!

Darth Mandarb

Okay... this has gone WAY off the rails.

I am going to prune this thread (delete the off-topic stuff) shortly.

KyriaksoCH - The rules state that the screenshots must be "in" game. This isn't asking too much. If you don't have GUIs, cursors, fonts, NPCs, etc and only have renders out of Blender than you probably should have waited until you did have them to post about this (regardless of the game's expected release date). It's not open to interpretation or gut-feelings. The rules are for everybody and exist for a good reason. I applaud your enthusiasm and desire to share with the community but the rules must still be adhered to.

I will give it the rest of the day for you to update the screenshots. Past that we'll lock this until you have enough to show to warrant the thread's existence.

This post, too, will be deleted soon.

If there are any questions/comments about the rules (or their enforcement) feel free to PM me.

Any further off-topic discussion on this matter will be deleted!

Good luck with the game's production.

Thanks and carry on game makers!

KyriakosCH

I will be updating when I have more stuff (eg the new interface and a few more of the rooms).

Danvzare

You know, this looks like it's going to be a really great game when it's done.

I can't wait to see more of it. :-D

KyriakosCH

Thank you! :D

Well, I am trying to use my good points and hide my not so good ones (eg I am not really familiar with drawing, and while I can 3d model I am not particularly good at rendering a scene atmospherically...). Let's see how it goes! :)

KyriakosCH

A small update, with the position of the talking portrait on the first screen, and some (entirely placeholder) sketches of the game logic menus.

I hope you like the bleak phraseology :D

KyriakosCH

Some new pics of room #4, the bedroom, and stuff there :)

Creamy

QuoteI am not particularly good at rendering a scene atmospherically
I disagree, it looks quite oppressive to me. It helps that the rooms are narrow. At first glance, I had the impression that the bedroom was a cabin on a ship.

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Creamy on Sun 26/06/2016 23:09:58
QuoteI am not particularly good at rendering a scene atmospherically
I disagree, it looks quite oppressive to me. It helps that the rooms are narrow. At first glance, I had the impression that the bedroom was a cabin on a ship.

Metaphorically it is, and its ship is sinking :)

BTW, just clicked on your game link (a night in Berry). Your work looks excellent! :D

Snake

Hi! This looks really good and I am waiting for it's completion :) Good job, keep it up!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

KyriakosCH

Started working on some of the title screen and (then) intro stuff...

Most of the intro is 3d animation.

Added some of the sound effects.

Likely found a composer to help with OST! (from this forum :) )

Did some more of the object animations/animated views.

Mandle

I'm starting to get a Lovecraftian feel from the screenies with the rambling diary entries describing ceremonies and such...

Either way though...I'm hooked on this project and want (neeeeed) to play it!!!

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 02/07/2016 10:05:20
I'm starting to get a Lovecraftian feel from the screenies with the rambling diary entries describing ceremonies and such...

Either way though...I'm hooked on this project and want (neeeeed) to play it!!!

Thanks! :D

The writing is likely the strong point here (cause i am a writer), the graphics are imo at best adequate, and i keep having the urge to change their style. But i am not that good in gfx creation, so they aren't likely to become a lot better...

I must say that the AGS engine makes creating the actual game mechanics very easy...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk