mhoczny dom - beta testers wanted

Started by KiraHaraReturns, Fri 15/07/2016 22:43:49

Previous topic - Next topic

KiraHaraReturns

MD is a fpp riddle solving game with over 50 rooms to investigate and about 40 items to collect. What I need is some extra motivation to finish this game. I guess there are almost 90% done but I still have to type in the remaining scripts and make some rewarding animations so that the player will get at least a little bit satisfaction after solving some sophisticated puzzles;)and I'm not very content with the gui therefore it has to be reworked too.

some discarded graphics:

Update: 01.05.2017

my work is done, preliminary, I know, it took too long but today I skipped my daily gymnastic exercises just for finishing a playable version.
Now I need YOU. You can be a beta-tester for MhocznyDom,
if You are interested, go to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mb93y5mmhetppew/AADrbeA-oEd9CAqLAgkgfwF3a?dl=0
and download the zipped game-file.

no, the game isn't over, it just begins

AnasAbdin

Glad you're back ;-D
hope to see this one in the completed games thread soon. I love how you make white dots on black backgrounds pop this way and blow my mind! 8-0

selmiak

Stupot

Fitz

Intriguing! The b&w palette looks very stylish.

Also: why not just call it Dahk House? :) Though I'm sure it'll be hilarious to see LPers trying to pronounce Mhoczny Dom (laugh)

Mandle

Everything about this game is gorgeous!!!

It kind of sounds like a "The 7th Guest" kind of story but with those unforgettable 1-bit graphics that you have done....erm...somehow....

I SO need to play this game!!!

Danvzare

You've done really good using only pure black and white.
The game looks both very atmospheric and graphical.
And your choice to only use black and white, kind of reminds me of the hi-res mode you used to have on old computers.
Overall, very nice. (nod)

Stupot

Quote from: Fitz on Sat 16/07/2016 08:12:57
Also: why not just call it Dahk House? :) Though I'm sure it'll be hilarious to see LPers trying to pronounce Mhoczny Dom (laugh)
I was going to ask, but didn't want to known as the guy who keeps asking how to pronounce Polish words.

KiraHaraReturns

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 16/07/2016 10:31:26
Quote from: Fitz on Sat 16/07/2016 08:12:57
I was going to ask, but didn't want to known as the guy who keeps asking how to pronounce Polish words.

mhoczny should be quite a challenge to pronounce for the english speaking audience, the H has to sound like a german, hard and guttural R as a allusion to some polish people, who probably said L instead of R during their early childhood and had to learn it by using their throat because they wasn't able to generate the rolling R. Choosing that title was probably a bad idea, but I thought it would be inventive.

Cassiebsg

Love the black and white only palette, very moody atmosphere you got there. (nod)

Ah the name... I would say "impossible" to pronounce to any who aren't familiar with Polish or any language from that region of the planet. I'm not even going to try and I'm happy that I can silently say it in my head and no one will ever say "that's not how it pronounces.." (laugh)(roll)
On the brighter side, am sure chances that you choose a name already "taken" is very slim. at least in the English speaking community. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

KiraHaraReturns

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sat 16/07/2016 17:01:15
Love the black and white only palette, very moody atmosphere you got there. (nod)

Ah the name... I would say "impossible" to pronounce to any who aren't familiar with Polish or any language from that region of the planet. I'm not even going to try and I'm happy that I can silently say it in my head and no one will ever say "that's not how it pronounces.." (laugh)(roll)
On the brighter side, am sure chances that you choose a name already "taken" is very slim. at least in the English speaking community. ;)
I already checked it and it is absolutely unique ;)

Monsieur OUXX

NickyNyce

This does look great, and fun!

It reminds me of a game I played last year...White night on the PS4. Keep up the good work.

SilverSpook

Awesome style!  Looking forward to this unpronouncable gem!

DBoyWheeler

From the screenshots, it almost feels like an "updated" version of the really old Sierra game "Mystery House".

Anyway, best of luck to you in updating this.

Danvzare

Quote from: SilverSpook on Wed 10/08/2016 21:54:55
Awesome style!  Looking forward to this unpronouncable gem!
I bet everyone is going to pronounce it as "Meh-hoe-cuz-nee Dom". So not unpronounceable. Just impossible to pronounce it how KiraHaraReturns intended. (laugh)

arj0n

KiraHaraReturns

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Wed 10/08/2016 22:03:17
From the screenshots, it almost feels like an "updated" version of the really old Sierra game "Mystery House".

Anyway, best of luck to you in updating this.

yeah, MD is like an old sierra game designed for the newest technology like vr-helmets and so on :)

Rekkimaru

Wow. This looks so awesome. I hope you're still working on it 'cause i'm a sucker for this kind of style  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk