Dressed For a Fight Out

Started by SebastianHardy557, Sat 16/07/2016 21:11:18

Previous topic - Next topic

SebastianHardy557

The WMAI (Women's Martial Arts International) World Championship is upon us once more! The world's greatest female martial artists will gather here, and over the course of ten days, find out who reigns supreme over them all, and takes home the title, the trophy, and the £50,000 cheque!

You are not one of the world's greatest female martial artists. You're not even a black belt. You're here because you're a last-minute replacement for Jenny Bateman, who stepped down a flight of stairs in high-heels the wrong way and twisted her ankle. You're not expected to get very far. You don't expect to get very far! But you're up for it anyway. Who knows? You might surprise yourself... or others!

SCREENSHOTS

FEATURES

• At least ten opponents!
  • Unrealistic martial arts action!
  • Realistic martial arts clothing!
  • Not an adventure game! A fighting game!

TRAILER

Now get out there and show the world what you're made of!

Cassiebsg

And the big question is: Was it made with AGS???
otherwise this is the wrong section of the forum to post it.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SebastianHardy557

I assure you this game was 100% made using AGS.
Pictoral proof! More evidence can be provided if needed.

CaptainD

Oops just encountered a bug - you can select both Janices on the start screen and the game crashes (I pressed both keys by accident!).

CaptainD

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 16/07/2016 21:57:19
Oops just encountered a bug - you can select both Janices on the start screen and the game crashes (I pressed both keys by accident!).

Also graphics seem messed up if using Direct3D.

Cassiebsg

Good job in that case, SebastianHardy557! (nod)
Great way to start your career in the forum. (laugh)

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

DBoyWheeler

Wow!  A fighting game with AGS?!  Will wonders never cease!  (I think there was that Split Fighter game too, but this one kinda one-ups that game).

First and foremost: Congrats on making this--shows what one can do with the software!

Second (and sort of a personal opinion): I might have to keep you in mind for a possible combat tutorial--but that'll be asked in a different forum section of course.

Anyway, again, neat work here!

CaptainD

Gameplay is pretty tricky (can see now what I need to do, but the lack of movement input flummoxed me a little at first!) - very nice graphics, and nice to see someone using AGS for something different (as DB said really :grin:).

Mandle

The very un-AGS layout and graphics also made me think that this was created with a completely different engine at first so: Kudos for pulling that off!

And now I will just say: Woah! The hilarious backstory and gorgeous look of this game make me want to try it out ASAP!

I'll be taking a look when time allows for sure!

Slasher

The graphics are super, that's for sure..

Combat scenes are not the easiest to pull off convincingly...hope you are able to.. I'll check it out when i can.

Danvzare

I'll definitely be trying this game out. :-D

Like Mandle said, those type of graphics aren't something you typically see on AGS games. Not only that, but fighting games are a bit of a rarity on AGS as well (not unheard of though). So this has definitely caught my interest for those reasons.

Retro Wolf

AGS can do any style of game once you wrap your head around loops, arrays, and surfaces!
Love the artwork! Congratulations on the release and welcome to the AGS community!

Gurok

Impressive release. You should add this to the AGS Games list. ("Add your game" on the side.)
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Two Tales

Very impressed with the overall polish of this game. Very well done.
I was a bit lost with the gameplay though. I found using the A, S & D keys no problem but after the first couple of hits to my opponent, she relentlessly dodged any move I tried to make halting progress.

CaptainD

Quote from: Two Tales on Mon 18/07/2016 09:26:23
I found using the A, S & D keys no problem but after the first couple of hits to my opponent, she relentlessly dodged any move I tried to make halting progress.

When this happens you need to let your opponent attack, successfully dodge it and make an attack (preferably attack combo) quick enough to get through her defences.  (It's easier said than done!!)

Two Tales

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 18/07/2016 10:45:16
When this happens you need to let your opponent attack, successfully dodge it and make an attack (preferably attack combo) quick enough to get through her defences.  (It's easier said than done!!)
Ah okay. Thanks CapD. Will have another stab at it.

Shadow1000

I really like this game!

Mainly to echo what others have said:

- The graphics and presentation are excellent. Amazing what people come up with to use AGS for
- Great retro-fighting game feel.
- I've found that the way to play is that each opponent seems to have her "signal" when she's going to strike. It's all about timing your dodging the attack so you can land 6-8 strikes against her. Annoyingly, it seems that each strike from an opponent probably gives you as much damage as your 6-8 strikes against her! At least for some of the later opponents.
- Storyline makes a whole lot more sense than the convoluted Mortal Kombat plot :-D
- There's really a lot of room to expand the game now that you have a great fighting engine with super polished graphics. Maybe you can add moves or projectiles that can be achieved after defeating so many opponents and so on.

Good job!

SHADOW

shaun9991

Wow! This looks like a first for AGS :) Downloading it now, great work!!
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk