The Doll (Horror text-based interactive story)

Started by Gord10, Mon 15/08/2016 23:57:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord10

I made a new game! A short horror story, called The Doll.

I hope it can be considered as an adventure, it is more in the style of Choose Your Own Adventure.

You are a single mother. Your daughter, Lisa, is an intelligent girl who doesn't have any friends. You buy her a rag doll. Soon, Lisa will claim that the doll can talk. And this is just the beginning of your nightmare.

The Doll is a story that looks like a possessed doll story, but it has a significant difference in its plot that I don't want to spoil.

It is a Choose Your Own Adventure game where you make choices, say things those lead you to different experiences. There are two endings.

Download (Windows, Mac, Linux)
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

KyriakosCH

Seems an interesting story... I use Linux, but i will try to have a go with my win setting elsewhere :)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Gord10

Let me upload the Linux version tomorrow! It is easy as I use Unity.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Gord10

I uploaded the Linux version! I am not %100 sure if it works, as I don't have Linux on my computers, but it should work.

By the way, I am getting awful scores in GameJolt. Usually 1/5. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this game?
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

KyriakosCH

Any link to the linux dl? :)

As for scores, it very likely is due to most people not being interested in text-adventures. But i want to read your story :D

Cassiebsg

No idea how scores work in GameJolt, since I can't access it, but if it's user rating, then maybe ppl don't like games with no graphics? :~(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gord10

Games are art!
My horror game, Self

KyriakosCH

It was a pretty nice story :) (got both endings).

Liked the effects and the music... :D

Gord10

Thank you very much!

I don't think players rated 1 because it's a text game. There are other text games in GameJolt with much higher ratings. It made me think they didn't like the ending, they found it unconvincing and sudden.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk