Looking for artist for horror adventure game.

Started by luisdementia, Sat 30/07/2016 22:30:40

Previous topic - Next topic

luisdementia

Hello guys.

I am on the planning stages of my first big AGS project: a horror point & click adventure game, in the vein of the first Clock Tower, Lakeview Cabin Colletion, and maybe even Maniac Mansion.

I have just released my first AGS project (a MAGS entry). You can check it out here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=53784.0

I am looking for an artist. I will write the story, and compose an original soundtrack for the game. There is also a scripter already on board (Danvzare), and Kastchey will help me with the story.

The video game is a horror story set inside a haunted mansion, with four protagonists, and enemies (ghosts) that randomly appear and chase you throughout the mansion. I'm working hard on delivering a good video gaming experience. I know that the premise isn't original. But I want to take a chance on making my own vision of the genre, and I think this is a good idea to start with. I plan on having a frightening atmosphere (psychological horror) with some jumpscares that player will not expect. I have also thought a story with a few twists.

The game will be similar in scale to Clock Tower. I think the play length could be 2-4 hours, but as I said, it's on the early planning stages, so this can change. As the game is set inside a mansion, we will need backgrounds for the various rooms in the mansion. Story will also take place in a forest outside the mansion, and inside a cave.

Thanks for reading. I can give more details to the person who's interested.
-L

UPDATE (3/10/16):
I've finished the first draft of the story script. We're still looking for an artist. Thank you :)

codeGibbon

Hi,

I'm interested in working on the background art. But before signing up, I have a couple of questions on the style and extent of the project: Are you looking for a similar style as in your previous game (The Awakening), or do you have other style preferences? Would the work be done on concept art and/or preliminary layouts provided by you, or would the design of the environment be completely up to the artist drawing it? Then what's the (expected) number of backgrounds for the whole project at this time, and what's your schedule?

Naturally you'll also want to know a little about me too: I don't currently have an online portfolio, but I'd be interested in "auditioning" for the position, for example by making a sample image with the correct style and design (this would allow us also to see, if we're able to work well as a team). I've previously worked in industrial graphic design providing icons, layouts etc. upon request. In my free time, I've dabbed into character design (and all sorts of 'serious art' experiments). I work with various traditional media, as well as with Photoshop.

I'm happy to answer more questions, if you have any!

luisdementia

Quote from: codeGibbon on Fri 02/09/2016 12:54:48
Hi,

I'm interested in working on the background art. But before signing up, I have a couple of questions on the style and extent of the project: Are you looking for a similar style as in your previous game (The Awakening), or do you have other style preferences? Would the work be done on concept art and/or preliminary layouts provided by you, or would the design of the environment be completely up to the artist drawing it? Then what's the (expected) number of backgrounds for the whole project at this time, and what's your schedule?

Naturally you'll also want to know a little about me too: I don't currently have an online portfolio, but I'd be interested in "auditioning" for the position, for example by making a sample image with the correct style and design (this would allow us also to see, if we're able to work well as a team). I've previously worked in industrial graphic design providing icons, layouts etc. upon request. In my free time, I've dabbed into character design (and all sorts of 'serious art' experiments). I work with various traditional media, as well as with Photoshop.

I'm happy to answer more questions, if you have any!

Hello! Thanks for writing. I'll send you a PM with more details.

KyriakosCH

Good luck with your project! :)

I might be able to create some objects (not backgrounds) for you, if you want (not full rooms cause i sadly don't have the time :/ )
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

luisdementia

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Tue 06/09/2016 12:24:09
Good luck with your project! :)

I might be able to create some objects (not backgrounds) for you, if you want (not full rooms cause i sadly don't have the time :/ )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk