Author Topic: Dude, Where Is My Beer?  (Read 418 times)

Dude, Where Is My Beer?
« on: 22 Oct 2018, 20:12 »
Hey Everybody. I would like to tell you about the game I am making:

Dude, Where Is My Beer?

An adventure game about finding an old school pilsner in the world of craft beers and hipsters.

It's a humoristic game where the character is walking around the city and asking for a pilsner in all the bars, but everybody is just laughing at him, because they prefer fancy hipster beers. The theme of the game is hipsters, craft beers with fancy names, microbrewery and the character's frustration.

Important info about the uploaded screenshots: all the graphics are going to be replaced,
Even though the first image is the original image from the game's graphics designer, and the graphics are going to be made in the same style.

Everything else than graphics is almost done, I used dummy graphics to make the game flow, while I was looking for an illustrator.
Now I found an artist that I want to use for my backgrounds, characters and objects.

I am about to start an Indiegogo campaign to get the funds I need to pay the illustrator and the sound designer.
I am professional 2D animator and going to make all the animation myself. (www.arik.no)

Development Progress:

- graphics 0% (see info above)
- puzzles 85%
- scripting 85%
- music/sound 0%

Expected completion date: February 2019

The reason why I am posting this so early in the process is because I am about to launch the Indiegogo campaign and I wonder if any of you guys have any advices and recommendations before I do that. I know that it's a vicious circle, because I need the funds to pay for the illustrations, but at the same time need some graphics to present the project.

Thanks, everyone :)

edit by darth - I combined your double-post into a single post. Please keep it a single post.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2018, 20:52 by Darth Mandarb »

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
    • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Dude, Where Is My Beer?
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2018, 23:21 »
Sounds like a fun story, keep us posted on the progress :)

« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2018, 14:50 »
I really like the graphic style, I wish you success with the project

« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2018, 15:59 »
Thanks, guys!
You are welcome to follow the development and the updates about the crowdfunding here:

https://www.facebook.com/DudeWhereIsMyBeer/

« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2018, 08:55 »
If it does end up looking like the top screenshot, this will stand out pretty well!