Waiting For The Loop (Update: Now on Steam!)

Started by reismahnic, Sat 27/08/2016 23:46:02

Previous topic - Next topic

reismahnic

Waiting For The Loop

Trailer: https://vimeo.com/230518869

A short form visual novel in which a brilliant computer scientist builds an artificial intelligence that passes as human...
but also attracts the attention of the government.
Roughly 15 minutes long, with full voice acting, dialog choices and multiple endings.

This game was previously a free release on Adventure Game Studio, but since then we redid art assets, fixed bugs and released it as a paid game (with a soundtrack coming soon).
We hope that you continue to support us - by buying Waiting for the Loop you enable us to continue to make bigger and better games and push ourselves further as storytellers (and put food on our tables!)

Waiting for the Loop's website is located here: www.sidegroupgames.com
Through the website you can purchase it on Steam and itch.io.
There is also a link directly to the Steam page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/717830/Waiting_for_the_Loop/

You can download a demo (the first scene of the game) and view screenshots for Waiting for the Loop at this link: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2084/

Thank you, and we would love to hear what you think of it - ratings and comments and such are very much appreciated!

Mandle

Looks amazing, and the story is exactly the kind of thing that makes my heart go pitter-pat...

Can't wait to try it out!

Danvzare

Wow, those screenshots are huge! 8-0
You really didn't need to stretch them out that much.

Looks interesting though.

reismahnic

I hope you enjoy it, Mandle! :smiley:

marko33

IAC doesn't care if the women dies  bad ending how to get the good one anyone help!

reismahnic

The secret ending is quite hidden... I don't want to give it away, because it's a 'secret', but I'll just say that there is no reality in which IAC will say 'yes' at the end of its own accord.
Maybe not all of the game is accessed via the dialog options?... or the game itself?... :wink:

reismahnic

Added a trailer, link is at the top of the page! :cool:

Dainipponjin

http://i.imgur.com/54aUOdE.png

Get this error every time upon IAC answering the second question about her creator's life being threatened.

Also, I have found IACadjust.exe and manage to activate it (530). Is it supposed to change the answer to the first question from "No" to "Yes"? Is there something else hidden to influence the second question's answer?

Thanks for the game, I enjoyed it.

reismahnic

Dainipponjin,
you're the first person since release to let me know you found the secret ending. As far as I'm aware you might be the first person to find it in general!
Congratulations!!!

I will take a look at that bug, I've never seen it trigger before. Maybe I can fix it and re-upload. Just to make sure: you did extract all the files into a new folder before running, right? It had voice acting?
When you've activated IACadjust.exe, IAC answers the 'did you love her' question in the game with a 'yes'.
It is the only way that this happens; you must force it to.
Thanks for the report on that.

reismahnic

I looked into the bug and was able to replicate it. The game is crashing trying to load the credits for that one particular ending.
I'll look into fixing it later this week, but since the entire game does play out (IAC's 'no' to protecting her is the last line in that ending) you did get to experience all of it.

Dainipponjin

Quote from: reismahnic on Mon 01/05/2017 21:54:17
I will take a look at that bug, I've never seen it trigger before. Maybe I can fix it and re-upload. Just to make sure: you did extract all the files into a new folder before running, right? It had voice acting?

Yes, I did extract everything. It had voice acting.

Thanks for all clarifications. Nice game.

chuckapitic

I also got the secret ending just after my first playthrough because i knew something was fishy with the machine the first time I entered the game menu.
So my question is:
What was the message you were trying to convey having no possible outcome to be a "happy" ending or at least having a yes for an answer without forcing it?
I tried to act as good as I could and still...
I hope this doesn't sound autistic LOL
I had a thoughtful time with this game thank you:grin:

reismahnic

Hey chuckapitic, thanks for playing, and congrats on finding the secret ending!
When I write a game I'm usually focused on ensuring the characters of the game hold true to their motives, desires, beliefs, etc.
I think the message of the game comes from what the player pulls from the characters.
There is no reality, if I'm being true to my vision of what IAC would say or do, in which IAC says 'yes' of its own accord at the end.
Letting you be the one to 'force' it is a fun bonus that sort of drives that home, but to the average player who doesn't find that I at least hope the ending gave them something to consider.

reismahnic

This is probably a good time to also announce that Waiting For the Loop will be getting a commercial release (at a low price given how short the game is) in a bit here with updated, more unified visuals and a downloadable, expanded soundtrack.
More news to come on that!

reismahnic

Please see update at the top of the page for information on Waiting for the Loop's new paid release!

SilverSpook

Congrats on converting this game into a commercial, brushed up version! Love the concept, and execution is spot-on.

Give these guys all the money you have in your wallet!

reismahnic

Likely my final update on Waiting for the Loop: Waiting for the Loop is NOW AVAILABLE on Steam.
The store page, with screenshots and a trailer, is located here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/717830/Waiting_for_the_Loop/

You've all been just a wonderful community to interact with over the last couple years.
I appreciate all the downloads and support that Loop received, as well as the interactions I've had with many of you.
I hope you enjoy the final release of Waiting for the Loop.

KyriakosCH

Story looks interesting... :)

Congratulations on getting it to Steam as well!
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Ionias

Very cool story, and worth the purchase price!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk