AdventureX 2016 - 19th & 20th November

Started by Ali, Wed 31/08/2016 14:25:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

AdventureX will be returning to London on the 19th & 20th of November. Hooray!

We have launched a Kickstarter Campaign to help AdventureX keep growing. Please share the campaign support us if you can:

If you're not aware, AdventureX is the UK's only convention dedicated to narrative-driven gaming. Now in its 6th year, AdventureX is a free event bringing together developers & gamers with a passion for interactive storytelling. AdventureX was founded by Mark Lovegrove (m0ds). This year it is being run by Tom Cole (theSynapse) Rebecca McCarthy (Azure) and me. (Mark is busy developing, so please don't email him with questions about exhibiting at AdventureX! Contact us here instead.)

Previous guest speakers include:

• Charles Cecil (Broken Sword, Beneath a Steel Sky)
  • Dave Gilbert (The Blackwell Series)
  • Jon Ingold (80 Days, Sorcery!)
  • Steve Ince (The Witcher, So Blonde)
  • Mark Estdale (Telltale's Game of Thrones, Deponia)
  • Dr. Ernest Adams (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl)

Applications for exhibitors / speakers / panellists are now open:

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at AdventureX 2016!

cat

CaptainD

I hope to be able to make it this year.  Hope all goes swimmingly whether I can or not! ;-D

Azure

It's good to be able to start promoting this.
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

LimpingFish

Hurrah! Every year I hope to be able to finally get to attend one of these. Will it be this year? Will it?!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

xil

Love the character designs :)

Looking forward to hopefully making it this year but will definitely be backing you on Kickstarter either way!
Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return

Peder 🚀

I had an issue with the website when first accessing it.. After reloading a few times though it seems to have corrected itself and now seems to work OK. (menu and styling messed up).

The change of date to November is highly welcomed! I'm hoping to come this year!

Ali

I hope you all make it too!

Peder - I've had the same issue with the website a couple of times in the last few days. If any web/wordpress experts have any tips on what might cause the styling to mess up every so often, please send me a message!

AGA

It has loading bars, which is a bit web 2.0... For such a small, simple page it's a tad overkill.

m0ds

Great stuff! And you know the little characters tickle me pink :) It's true, I want to get on with game development. Publishing and event organization are side-quests I feel a bit entrenched in lately, radiant quests that never end. So it's brilliant that Tom, becky and ali will embrace it and breathe fresh life into it, and that you guys and gals will continue to support it as you always have! Looking forward to the launch of the KS :)

Ali

AGA: I was in two minds about the loading bar. That one is easily fixed!

Mark has reminded me: as well as Screen7 supporting the Kickstarter, Fictiorama Studios, Wadjet Eye Games, Rumpus Animation, The Game Kitchen, Skygoblin, Adventure Mob, CBE Software, Owl Cave Games and Infamous Quests have also got behind it. And Adventure-Treff and Revolution Software have kindly provided us with footage for the pitch video. Thanks guys!

Andail

Cool, will try to be there (me and Joel hope to turn up with something to show), and will contribute to the KS as well.

Eggie

Arg, I want to be there properly this time, not just slink up at the pub afterwards then awkwardly shuffle off.
I'll definitely be pitching in to the Kickstarter too.

xandmatt

This sounds ace! Hope I can make it....

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Ali

The Kickstarter Campaign is now live:
Back AdventureX 2016 on Kickstarter!

And Applications for exhibitors / speakers / panellists are now open:
Apply Now!

Azure

Chicky

How AdventureXcellent!

I've pledged and it looks like lots of other people have already too!

Although development on GuardDuty has slowed to a halt again, I hope to bring along something to show ;-D

Also Mark best be attending, even if he's not organising this year (nod)

Grundislav

I have pledged!

Though I sadly won't be able to make it this year, I wish you all the best and am eager to see the conference continue to grow.

Azure

Sad to see you can't make it Grunislav, :( thanks for pledging.

I hope as many AGS folks come as possible ( and don't forget to apply to speak or exhibit!)

yamipanda

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk