[EXPERIMENTAL] [EDITOR PLUGIN] AndroidBuilder v0.0.3-alpha

Started by monkey0506, Tue 06/09/2016 18:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

This is an EXPERIMENTAL build of the plugin for Android building. DO NOT use this plugin for releases!!

Downloads

Please view the README for instructions on using this plugin.

Source code

[Edit:] 19 August 2017, v0.0.3-alpha was released which permits the plugin to now function properly with AGS 3.4.0 (the latest stable version as of this writing). You need to download the plugin DLL and the "Android.zip" attachment as well. Extract "Android.zip" into "EDITOR_DIRECTORY/Android" (so, "EDITOR_DIRECTORY/Android/armeabi/libags_parallax.so", etc.), and the rest will work as detailed in the README.

Mehrdad

Wooow 8-0
It's so great start Monkey.
Nice job.
I'm really happy with this plug in.
Thanks so much for your hard works.
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

monkey0506

Found an actual bug in this release. Keep an eye out for missing libs in your APK. Rebuilding seems to correct the problem, but I need to make sure that Gradle is always including these files. Fixed with v0.0.2-alpha.

RickJ

monkey0506

*bump* for v0.0.3-alpha. Works with AGS 3.4.0 now.

Monsieur OUXX

selmiak

wow, this will be the killer feature one day... when android is a deprecated OS ;) :D

gogo, monkey! This seems really useful! :D

Crimson Wizard

I did not try this plugin myself yet, but from the looks of it it uses native engine libraries to make APK.
So, here are new libraries for AGS 3.4.1: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/releases/finals/AGS-3.4.1-P2/ags-3.4.1.13-android-libs.zip
When following monkey0506's instructions, you need to replace original contents of Android.zip with these libs.

Amir

It looks like Gradle from the plugin doesn't support the latest version of java "16.0.2" . Am I right? should I download an old Java version if this is possible?

I'm using AGS 3.4.3 and ags-3.4.3.1-android-libs.

Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Amir

Yes, It's up to this version 16.0.2. I downloaded jdk1.8.0_301 and added it with its path and it works but I'm getting another error  (laugh)

images 10 jpg

android--24 solved.
Another error>

24.0.1 solved.
Another error>

v4 and m2repository were missing. 24.2.0 Solved.
Another error at 92%  :~( >

I solved the missing keystore, now I have .apk and .obb but the game dosn't run, black screen and nothing else.

Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Crimson Wizard

I will close this thread now, as AGS Editor features building for Android since 3.6.0.

For older games we recommend to import them into 3.6.0 (or later) editor in order to make an Android version.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk