3d models & image background render-- any feedback VERY welcome and needed

Started by KyriakosCH, Mon 12/09/2016 19:07:00

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Hi, i want to ask what people think of the graphics i am making for my game, and even better if you have any suggestions for improvement be sure to share and be as precise as possible :D

Ok, here are a few pics (in all cases the background is a uv-mapped photo rendered as a plane in the 3d engine, and the foreground is 3d models i made)

(game map/used to move to some locations/location groups)
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

VampireWombat

The first 2 images look fine, but the third clashes with them. The map either needs more detail to be in line with the first 2 images, or needs less detail to look more like a paper road map.
For more detail you could do some kind of bump map. Or you could add more color depth to the water. Maybe add some clouds.

KyriakosCH

^True, and the map is (unlike the first two images) not near completion at all :) Just wanted to show the style of the map along with the other two pics. That one will change hugely (for starters it will look a lot more ominous)

KyriakosCH

Each room will appear when you are in it :) (lighting/textures inside not final...)

Mandle

That's a really neat game-concept, to have the rooms shown through the walls of the exterior view like that...

But, I think the perspective is seriously off in this shot: In the exterior view the camera is lower than the room so we should not be able to see the floor of the room, as an example of what I mean...

Mind you, if you try to match the perspective of every room with the exterior perspective then you will probably have unplayable rooms that are impossible to see properly...Maybe making the exterior shot's view a bit more front-on instead of this looking-up angle would help cover the perspective flaws?

KyriakosCH

It isn't lower than the room of that level; it is lower than the upper floor, though :D

Which may be a bad effect still, and is caused by the background being closer than it should have been. That said, the rooms (and any other actual model) are all in the same projection 8-)

Mandle

Ah...then the perspective of the background buildings is out of whack...They are part of a flat texture?

The angle of them is way off if the camera is supposed to be looking on a flat plane at the visible room's same level...

KyriakosCH

I changed it somewhat now, although kept some for the vertigo effect :D

By the way, can one embed youtube videos here?

If not, pls have a look at this new in-game cinematic and tell me what you think of it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THic9up2V-Y

Blondbraid

I saw the cutscene, and it's a bit of an awkward pause once the animation finishes, everything just freezes and is still for a few seconds.
That could probably be one or two seconds shorter in my opinion, but otherwise it loks suitably creepy and mysterious.

KyriakosCH

BunnyDeFluff

All the building lines in the first photo tell me it was taken by a person looking up from somewhere lower than the buildings. Like what Mandle said it is wrong to see the floor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk