Code editor theme

Started by MrsWhite, Sat 17/09/2016 19:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsWhite

Hello

I was looking for a different look for the AGS code editor

and I stumbled upon this old topic : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=51399.20

I was wondering if this work has been included in the last version of AGS, though I couldn't find the option in the preferences.

Or do someone know another way to customize the code editor colors?

Thanks

ChamberOfFear

Sorry but the work in that thread is purely proof of concept at best, I could never find any time to work further on the topic. It is probably not a worthwhile endeavor to implement at this point anyways as the future of the Editor is uncertain.

MrsWhite

Thanks ChamberOfFear.

I've found out the scripts are available in form of files in the game directory.
So I will directly edit the scripts with Notepad++  :)

The only drawback is that I need to restart AGS in order to detect the changes in the edited files.

ChamberOfFear

Quote from: MrsWhite on Sun 18/09/2016 16:45:03
The only drawback is that I need to restart AGS in order to detect the changes in the edited files.

You sure about that? When I edit scripts externally with the editor open I get prompted with a dialog saying "The file MyScript.asc has been modified externally. Do you want to reload it?"

MrsWhite

Oh it's work when the script is alread open indeed!

It didn't detect changes when I opened a script in AGS after is has been modified and saved externally while AGS was running.

Thank you!

Alan v.Drake

So, was there a way to change all the window/form/dialogs default colors in one fell swoop ?

I'm back... at least until I finish working on all the features I need (laugh)

- Alan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk