Lamplight City

Started by Grundislav, Mon 26/09/2016 00:43:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Creamy

Really neat.

Quote- The scale is turned at an angle, but I'll add some rim lighting to make that more obvious
If the scale was in a plane roughly parallel to the left wall, the lines written behind the arrow should follow the same direction as the tiles of the wall, instead of being horizontal.

Ghostcat

Wow that brain looks brilliant.
p o l t e r g e i s t

Grundislav

Uploaded a dev livestream from last week on YouTube!

Rocchinator

Wow nice cool to see how you work in your bgs, interesting technique, keep the good work.

Grundislav

Mark Benis, the game's composer, has released a preview album of music from the game's prologue. You can pay what you want now, and receive the full album free when it and the game are released next year!

Track Listing:
1. Lamplight City
2. Partners for Life
3. The Slums of Cholmondeley
4. The Stakeout

Check it out on Mark's Bandcamp page!

Hobo

Listening the music while looking at the screenshots. I can almost imagine myself playing the game...
The devstream was also a good watch, you should definitely do more of those and maybe even throw in a shirtless one :)

Grundislav

luisdementia

Can't wait to play this game, it looks awesome! Already bought the soundtrack :)

Mandle

I love the mysterious feel of the music and its peaking and shallowing moments...

It might be a bit of a challenge to properly apply the music to the gameplay though because of these signature moments, but with proper editing of the soundtrack I'm sure your team is up to the challenge...

Lovely!

Grundislav

Sadly, these dead animal heads don't come to life and teach you about John Muir.

Also, some exciting news about the game will be announced next week!

Click'd

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 15/10/2017 04:36:09
Also, some exciting news about the game will be announced next week!
I like announcement announcements.

dactylopus

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 15/10/2017 04:36:09
Sadly, these dead animal heads don't come to life and teach you about John Muir.

I hope they at least have interesting descriptions!

The room looks great!

Crimson Wizard

Damn, that's some good looking room backgrounds there :).

To be honest, this last screenshot makes me wish there were some kind of a "softening" shader for characters in AGS. It might be difficult to keep sprites consistent with any possible background in game.

SilverSpook

Looking great! I'm marking calendars for that announcement.

luisdementia

selmiak

the announcement is the publisher, that is...

Grundislav

Selmiak is right!

After a long few months, I'm excited to announce that Lamplight City will be published by Application Systems! You may know them as the publishers of Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet as well as the upcoming Unforeseen Incidents.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support, and look for the game in mid-2018!

Snarky

Brilliant! Glad it worked out, and your game will be in good company.

Stupot

Great news. I'm looking forward to it.

eri0o

Yuhu!!! Congratulations Grundislav 8-) This means the game will be released on OSX?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk