Lamplight City

Started by Grundislav, Mon 26/09/2016 00:43:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Matti

Normally I'm not so much into detective games, but I must say, this sounds quite exciting! Quite ambitious too. I really like the idea of following wrong clues and making (bad) choices that alter story and character reactions while still being able to progress through the game.

Good luck with the development :)

dactylopus

Quote from: Grundislav on Tue 10/04/2018 21:24:53
Sorry for the triple post
It's a sin that you've been able to post 3 times in a month without response.

Everything is looking fantastic.  If I had anything new to say, I would chime in more often!

sawyer

>:( Really looking foward to this if it is ever released. Like one dont want to let go until the other one lets go first.(nod) but I dont want yall get wrong idea. N I know U were at Wadjet and dave not done either.. like its a comp or something. O'well, guess I'll keep on waiting..like late 2018 dec...

Grundislav

Oh, it will be released, don't worry! There's no need to let go :)

Also here's another art stream where I do some rotoscoped animation.

ManicMatt

Sawyer: Grundislav has no intention of giving up on this, I'm positive! These things just take time, especially at the level of detail he is giving to this game.

Grundislav: Looking fantastic! I might look at drawing over photo references, I've been just looking at a different image. How come your windows defender keeps coming up, can't you add it to trusted programs? Go to windows defender, click on settings I think, and should say something like excluded processes, add your .exe program. See if that works?

sawyer

Thank you so much..It was quiet for a while..Thank you for update info..
Patiently awaiting.:shocked:

Grundislav

A little update: the game is now in another round of beta and is fully art asset complete. Currently I'm editing all the VO as well as lip syncing, so there's still a bit left, but hoping to release very soon!  Stay tuned for more info.

In the meantime, here's a new screenshot:

Hobo

Might be my web browser error, but can't see any screenshots in thread, had to quote it to get the link :)
Is that a color coded book cabinet?

Click'd

At first I thought the right guy was levitating. Helped by the fact that the desk is mirrored in the floor and the characters aren't.

dactylopus

Another piece of wonderful art!  Glad to hear it's getting closer to release!

Grundislav

Just a small update: a new trailer is coming, as well as a major announcement! (Hint: it rhymes with "police gate")

Meanwhile, here's a couple more screenshots.

No game is complete without a sewer level

Being a private investigator means facing resistance from the police.

dactylopus

Quote from: Grundislav on Sun 22/07/2018 17:06:14
Just a small update: a new trailer is coming, as well as a major announcement! (Hint: it rhymes with "police gate")
Release Date?  That would be very nice!

Love these new screenshots.  Great work, as always.

Grundislav

Stupot

Obese mate?
Well, I hope he gets help.

Loving the new screens.

Monsieur OUXX

I love that there's tons of rotoscoping <3

EDIT: Frasisco, have you ever considered using the "liquify" tool in Photoshop after scanning your drawings? I found that it helps a great deal fixing my sloppy perspectives in adventure games where they need to be absolutely perfect (in particular, stairs are a pain in the ass). In a click you discretly realign what needs to be realigned without altering the quality of the drawing. It's also very useful for portraits, whenever there is any kind of defect (asymetrical face, eyes with different sizes, mouth too low, etc.)

Grundislav

We have a release date! September 13!

We also have a new trailer made by the extremely talented Alasdair Beckett-King:

selmiak

Cassiebsg

Cool! Congrats on the release date! (nod)
hope all goes smooth.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

dactylopus

Fantastic trailer!  That makes the whole thing feel really deep and cinematic.  Really looking forward to September for this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk