The Journey of Iesir *Demo*

Started by Daniel Thomas, Tue 27/09/2016 22:02:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Hi CW,no there's no crash msg, no idea if the app writes a dump or info file either (does it?)
The app just closes, after a while of it "auto opening again" it comes with a msg saying something like "AGS has stopped many times. Close App?" (not exact wording, but the msg is coming from Android as far as I can see/understand, not the app it self)
Also this tablet is using a bluetooth keyboard and I noticed that just turning it on, it mostly automaticly closes the AGS app.

Except for an eventual pluging in this game (and a couple others) making the app crash and just silently close it self, I don't the problem is specific to this game. I have played another game from start to end on it, so I know the App works on some games. If it's plugins that are making it crash or just the HD quality of these games, I can't tell.
Maybe we should split this issue from the thread as it's not specific to this game (except for an eventual use of plugins)?
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Daniel Thomas

Yes, we have custom made dll, so that might very well be it.

I just gave it a go, and pressing escape worked here. Or are you referring to the first gameplay dialogue with Daniel? This you can't skip. You can hurry it up by just pressing escape for the dialogues. It should take around 10 seconds to just plow through it with the escape key and picking up the coins and using contract.
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Cassiebsg

Uhm, I never reached the point of the coins and contract.
Maybe it's just the crappy bluetooth keyboard playing havoc. I did notice it tends to just crash the app. Probably the key press detection was getting lost during the lag.

As I said I'll just install it on a windows machine. (nod)
In fact, I'll just re-download it here and install it now.

Edit: Yup, ESC seems to work just fine. (nod) So definitely something with the Android, App and keyboard going havoc with each other.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Daniel Thomas

Great! The coin and contract is part of the introduction/tutorial dialogue with Daniel right after the cinematic.
Check out The Journey of Iesir Demo | Freelance artist, check out my Portfolio

Slasher

Well,

just started. Got passed the intro and now going into the game boots first (laugh)

Looks superb (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk