Uploading from a Mac OS x 10.9

Started by Michael, Tue 27/09/2016 22:37:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Hi there, I'm Michael; I'm new.

I did look through the beginners questions and through quite a bit of past posts (perhaps with a changed situation now)
However I am still in doubt and need to ask

If I use WineBottle to run ags and create an adventure game on my Mac

1. Can I still save the game on my Mac and upload the game to a hosting website? Or must I do the whole thing on Windows?
2. Can I upload the game to a non-ags website? For example a general game website (I am not looking at getting any money from it)
2. Reading through posts I am confused with the graphic side of it. Can I digitize a picture or do I need to re-draw it basically. Some games seem to have digitized pictures.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help hope it will make me move forward

Michael.

Crimson Wizard

If the game is created in AGS Editor, even if run under Wine, the produced file should be able to run on actual Windows platform.
(Actually, it is even possible to make it run on Mac too, if you be able to get an OSX engine port, but that is a longer story.)

You cannot actually upload your game on AGS website, this website offers no space for people to upload their games. What you do is upload your game on some file hosting place (your own, or any file hosting service in the web, whether general or game-related). You can register your game in this site's game database, providing a download link. That was simply a tradition to do so, to let community find your new game, but you do not have to do so if you do not want to.
It also does not matter whether you make money from it, because AGS user license allows to create commercial games, and imposes no restriction on how you distribute your games.

Regarding your picture question, I am afraid I did not understand what you mean.

Khris

Regarding you second question 2., you can use any digital image for your game rooms, as long as it's in a format AGS can open.
It doesn't matter if you hand-pixeled it in Paint on Win 3.11 or resized an iPhone's 20MP picture to 1280x720 or whatever format you're going to choose.
And you can of course scan pencil drawings.
Why would it matter how the digital image was created?

Michael

Thanks Khris; very clear.
Thanks Crimson Wizard; I am better off using a Windows PC I think rather than all those complicated Mac conversions.
Nice one thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk