Decided to have a fully animated, 8-direction moving character

Started by KyriakosCH, Mon 03/10/2016 16:37:28

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Thank you all :D
Any further suggestions are welcome, and i will post new images/gifs when i have them. Currently thinking of whether i will go with the original story adaptation, or the expanded-new story.

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

KyriakosCH

Very very early phase of another room: (in case i go with my second plan, anyway ;) )

Virtually everything is subject to change here, although i am happy with the De-Chirico style hallway and space arrangement :)

Right side of the room will have a few furniture, eg book-shelves, one or two chairs, some object in the foreground, maybe other decorative stuff. There will be 6-7 people in the room, along with the player. Supposed to be an earlier stage of the game. Lighting will be a lot more potent later on as well.

KyriakosCH

Still very far from finished, and the lighting has a serious issue currently (red dotted fall-out on the ceiling :) ), but what do you think of this room at the moment?

cat

The ceiling might have fallout, but the carpet is definitely radioactive!

Mandle

KyriakosCH

It is a persian carpet, and they are after such technology :X

Any suggestions to alter things on the room? It is very far from reaching a final form anyway :)

Andail

Am I the only one who's wondering why the top half is pitch black?
Or rather; why have a square ratio when you're not using half the screen height?

KyriakosCH

Quote from: Andail on Fri 07/10/2016 14:03:15
Or rather; why have a square ratio when you're not using half the screen height?

That ratio will be kept only if a later part of the game features the tall room shown already :)

If i keep the ratio then i will use it to present different parts of the house with it, eg the corridor can expand mostly vertically, while the living room there is horizontal mostly.

Gurok

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Fri 07/10/2016 15:29:35
Quote from: Andail on Fri 07/10/2016 14:03:15

That ratio will be kept only if a later part of the game features the tall room shown already :)

If i keep the ratio then i will use it to present different parts of the house with it, eg the corridor can expand mostly vertically, while the living room there is horizontal mostly.

Why not just scroll down for effect when the player enters the tall rooms, and keep the whole thing at something more standard? 320x200, or 640x400 if you blow things up a bit.

I don't think it's particularly ugly, but I do think it'll feel weird mousing over space that's unused for most of the time.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

KyriakosCH

I am considering that too, although it is more impressive if the tall rooms can be seen in one screen (imo). I will have to rethink it once i have all the rooms (at least 6, living room-kitchen-bath-bedroom-balcony-nightmare rooms).

More realistically 8-9, including the corridor, balcony part b and a second nightmare room.

KyriakosCH

Moreover, IF the 500X500 stays (tall rooms etc), then most of the upper half will be used for various graphics, eg a room map or more elaborate dialogue menus and so on. But it is not decided upon yet :)

KyriakosCH

A bit of animation :) (room needs work, but animation goes ok... )

KyriakosCH

Preview of the walking cycle (needs cleaning + here it is shown on a background, but in-game it will have transparency) :)

Do you like it? The legs will be a bit more lifted/tilted at times by the end. Shoes likely will show more (colour change). The person has fallen, so he has a bit of a limp too.

Cassiebsg

That looks more like slow break dance, than walking. ???
He still looks like he's falling backwards too.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

He looks like he's merely brushing his foot against the carpet. (laugh)

KyriakosCH

Meh, should have expected as much from the uber-elitists here  :=

FYI he is dancing, just like in a dream :=

Cassiebsg

uber-elitist???? ???
Okay, what ever, if you want to do like you want, why do you bother asking? If you don't wish opinions on it, then don't aks! :X
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

KyriakosCH

I am joking :=

I know that the leg movement looks bizarre, it will change by the end :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk