newest version of editor not starting with wine

Started by Mrgnlit, Wed 05/10/2016 15:59:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrgnlit

Hello I am having a slight issue with wine that I can not seem to find on the forums anywhere. I am trying to run this on OSX and/or linux.

The editor and extras installs just fine and does not seem to give any errors but when I go to open the editor it puts up the splash screen and then does not run. It doesn't give me any other errors. I am currently trying to get wine to run in verbose mode or something like that but I am pretty new to more complicated terminal things and I am still figuring out how to run stuff in wine with the terminal. :-[ give me a couple of days and I can get the actual error message.

Is this just a wine compatibility issue or is there some extra bits i need to install to get this to work? Can someone point me in the right direction if this is the case.

I am using the latest release of AGS and the latest release of wine for OSX.

Crimson Wizard

I am not quite sure how all this works on Wine, but did you have all prerequisites installed, such as .NET Framework 2.0 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable?

Mrgnlit

Hey thanks so much! I searched those two things with wine and figured out I needed to get winetricks which was very simple. Once I got that set up I just installed those two packages and the editor works! yahoo!:-D

The games will not run in the engine with the "play" function however but that is a memory issue not a technical issue.

Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk