Problems with Dialogue

Started by DBoyWheeler, Fri 07/10/2016 20:34:29

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

Okay, I think AGS is starting to glitch.

I'm working on a dialogue tree early on.

One character, Skjold, has this dialogue tree (I had to get creative, since most characters have separate first name and last name).

Code: ags

// Dialog script file
@S  // Dialog startup entry point
return
@1
Sarimento: "So who put the snatch on your sweet daughter?"
  cSkjoldB.Say("It was that cruel warlord, Pertteli Hallanlavan.");
  cSkjoldB.Say("He was sent by his partner-in-crime, the sorcerer Vekell Sorteisen.");
  cNynneB.Say("He wanted to set an example of what happened to those who would dare to stand up to him.");
  cSkjoldB.Say("If he finds out Lara had been saved, he'll be furious!");
Sarimento: "I look forward to taking him on."
  cSkjoldB.Say("Don't let your overconfidence get the better of you.");
return
@2
Sarimento: "What land have I landed in?"
  cSkjoldB.Say("You are on the lovely Hyperborean Island.");
Sarimento: "Sounds kinda cool."
  cSkjoldB.Say("Ha ha... in fact, it's pretty cold.  For most of the year, anyway.");
return
@3
Sarimento: "Nice talking to you!"
  FirstTalkSkjold = true;
  NeedToTalkToSkjold = false;
stop

And the other character, Nynne (Skjold's wife) has this dialogue tree.
Code: ags

// Dialog script file
@S  // Dialog startup entry point
return
@1
Sarimento: "How did these troubles start?"
  cNynneB.Say("Pertteli and Vekell had come from a kingdom that used to be friends of ours.");
  cNynneB.Say("But then, one day, Vekell had used his magic to deceive the ruler of the other kingdom.");
  cNynneB.Say("The neighboring king thought we of Hyperborean Island had attacked them, so he sent Pertteli and Vekell, and their men, after us.");
  cSkjoldB.Say("Eventually, the king realized the deception...");
  cNynneB.Say("But by then, it was too late to stop the enemies.  The invasion had begun.");
return
@2
Sarimento: "Who else is in your family?"
  cNynneB.Say("We have an older son.  His name is Dynes.");
  cSkjoldB.Say("He wants to face Pertteli and Vekell, but he is not that much of a warrior, and even he himself acknowledges that.";
Sarimento: "Perhaps I can talk to him.  At the very least, he might have some useful information I need."
  cNynneB.Say("Thank you.  It would give him confidence.");
return
@3
Sarimento: "Thank you for talking to me."
  cNynneB.Say("It was an honor.");
  FirstTalkNynne = true;
  NeedToTalkToNynne = false;
stop

I try to do a test run, but when I try, I keep getting the error message "Error (Line 27): Unexpected End of File."  It's in Nynne's dialogue tree, but not on Skjold's.  Even though they are set up the same way, and should've had the same syntax.  Does AGS have a bug or something, or is there something I'm missing in Nynne's dialogue tree?

Retro Wolf

line 15   cSkjoldB.Say("He wants to face Pertteli and Vekell, but he is not that much of a warrior, and even he himself acknowledges that.";
No closing bracket. ;)

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Fri 07/10/2016 20:49:54
line 15   cSkjoldB.Say("He wants to face Pertteli and Vekell, but he is not that much of a warrior, and even he himself acknowledges that.";
No closing bracket. ;)

(sigh) Yeah, always those small things that trip you up.

Retro Wolf

I'd say almost half my errors involve missing brackets or semicolons, happens to us all! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk