'Escoria', Godot Engine's official point & click framework

Started by StillInThe90s, Sun 09/10/2016 13:25:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Sslaxx

The bare-bones example it comes with is... rough. And buggy, very buggy, from my limited experimentation with it (using the alpha of Godot). Not sure how much of Escoria's internals have been fixed up for Godot 2.x's changes from the 1.x Dog used, but I have a feeling only the absolute bare minimum. If you want to get it usable, you'll have to put in a lot of work. And with Godot 3.x due some time in the next 9-12 months or so, you may need to make even bigger changes to its codebase.

I'm not sure how it compares with the P&C stuff people are already doing with Godot, but Problem - https://twitter.com/ProbDenis/ - is working with his own Godot framework, so he might be a good one to ask.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Problem

I'm going to try it out soon. But it's unlikely that I will use Escoria, since my own framework is pretty much feature-complete now (as in: everything to make a full adventure game), and I'm currently testing and debugging it with Dropped Monocle Games. So this may come a little too late for me, but of course I'm curious to see how they have implemented certain features.

StillInThe90s

Quote from: Problem on Sun 09/10/2016 23:14:32
I'm going to try it out soon. But it's unlikely that I will use Escoria, since my own framework is pretty much feature-complete now (as in: everything to make a full adventure game), and I'm currently testing and debugging it with Dropped Monocle Games. So this may come a little too late for me, but of course I'm curious to see how they have implemented certain features.
I'm at pretty much the same point with my own framework (apart from testing with Dropped Monocle, obviously). Their save game system sounded pretty solid in theory, so I figured it would be worth investigating, especially since mine is a bit clunky. But I suppose clunky is better than buggy...

Monsieur OUXX

Something free and powerful added on top of something else also free and powerful. What more should you ask for?

https://godotengine.org/article/our-point-click-framework-finally-out

Sharing the news because it's interesting for every point n'click enthusiast

[Merged with previous thread. â€"Moderator]

Monsieur OUXX

My bad. I saw that post but didn't read through at the time, I thought it was about something proprietary

[delete}

Will 'Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold'-demo be fueled on a different engine?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk