[RELEASED] Just Ignore Them

Started by Stranga, Tue 11/10/2016 17:11:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranga

Just Ignore Them

Hello everyone just wanted to share what iv'e been working on.

Demo: https://strangastudios.itch.io/just-ignore-them

Its a Gameboy RPG styled Horror game (looks like pokemon....sorta). The reason because of the style that is basically my signature design and basically the only type I can draw haha!

I plan to release a demo in a week or two plus a steam green light page (If it is good enough).
Also this is my first game/attempt at making a game properly in AGS so please go easy on me if you can :).

The Story:

The story takes place of a Little boy at the age of 8 who is tormented by monsters that live in his house. He lives with his mother which works from home so she can look after him. The game will reference a ton of horror game and movie references (Easter Eggs!). It's your job to survive the night and discover the mystery of the invading monsters.

The story is actually an old English class paper from 10th grade that I made years ago now. Dug it up when I was cleaning out the house (Just an interesting fact...I guess)

WARNING: This game is a bit graphical in content (You can actually die...a lot) so even though it looks like it was made for kids...it isn't.

Development:

- story 100%
- graphics 100%
- puzzles 100%
- scripting 100%
- music/sound 100%
- demo 100%
- translations 70%
- easter eggs lost count

Still in last preparations

Here are some screenshots:

I would love  some feedback if any :)

xBRANEx

KyriakosCH

Looks AWESOME! Really atmospheric and consistent in style!!!

Will be keeping an eye on this :D
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Mandle

Looks awesome!

Is the comment about the uncle's teddy gift an homage to the creepypasta game: "The Uncle Who Works For Nintendo"?

Stranga

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 12/10/2016 00:43:24
Looks awesome!

Is the comment about the uncle's teddy gift an homage to the creepypasta game: "The Uncle Who Works For Nintendo"?

Why yes it is :) I plan to hide little horror easter eggs through out the game and thank you to everyone for leaving a comment means alot :)

Gurok

Interesting to see this style coupled with mouse controls. Good luck with the project!
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stranga

Hey thanks :) Always wanted to try this style in a point and click game. If it comes out good may even consider making a few more like this or even a series.

Stupot

SilverSpook

Pretty awesome style!  And dark!  A bold choice -- it will pay off I'm sure in the horror factor :)

AnasAbdin

Love the style. I wanted to say 'cute'  :-D but it's spooky and dark, my favorite style of games!
Good luck finishing it :)

KiraHaraReturns

I really like the every-single-pixel-in-the-right-spot graphic (nod)

Danvzare

Ooh, looks nice and creepy. Perfect for halloween. :-D
And I like the Gameboy Advance type of style you're going for.

Stranga

Thanks to everyone for their comments! This style gives me the freedom to create quick environments and animation. The animation is the hardest because everything is in 16x16 sprites but it does pay off I play to animate nearly everything the player does in the game to give it more of a movie style feel.

Mandle

Quote from: Stranga on Wed 12/10/2016 00:52:31
Looks awesome!

Why yes it is :) I plan to hide little horror easter eggs through out the game and thank you to everyone for leaving a comment means alot :)

You're not the guy who made that game though right? And just being humble and all? Because that game is pretty amazing!

Your comment about "this style" made me wonder is all, because it sounds like you have created games before in other engines...

Stranga

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 12/10/2016 15:15:42
Quote from: Stranga on Wed 12/10/2016 00:52:31
Looks awesome!

You're not the guy who made that game though right? And just being humble and all? Because that game is pretty amazing!

Your comment about "this style" made me wonder is all, because it sounds like you have created games before in other engines...

Haha thanks but no I didn't make that game (Wish I did though...Awesome game!)

But yes I have other games in the Game Maker Studio Engine
This one is in late early access on steam: Mini Thief

DBoyWheeler

Maybe another creepypasta to include could be the "I Hate You" Mario creepypasta (but with different characters, of course).  Or maybe a nod to "Squidward's Suicide", the Spongebob Squarepants creepypasta (again, with different characters in this case).

Anyway, I can so see this being a chilling thriller.

Stranga

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Wed 12/10/2016 20:30:58
Maybe another creepypasta to include could be the "I Hate You" Mario creepypasta (but with different characters, of course).  Or maybe a nod to "Squidward's Suicide", the Spongebob Squarepants creepypasta (again, with different characters in this case).

Anyway, I can so see this being a chilling thriller.

Hey Thanks for the great ideas! I will definitely look into these plus anyone's suggestions too. I will also keep on the first post the number of Easter eggs too :)

mercenario

Stranga

reg42

Looks really cool - I'll definitely give that a play

Stranga

Quote from: reg42 on Thu 20/10/2016 03:40:47

Hey thanks for your post! Let me know what you think when you do! :)

CrashPL

Love the look of this one. The GBC-like art style works really well and adds to the general chilling atmosphere. Definitely gonna check this one out!

One question though, will the game also feature keyboard controls (like the good ol' GB games :D), or mouse only? ;)

Frodo

This game looks brilliant - lovely and creepy  :grin:

Really want to play it.  :cheesy:

But do you have any plans for a DRM-free steam-free release?  I won't play it if it's only on steam.  :sad:

Stranga

Quote from: reg42 on Thu 20/10/2016 03:40:47

Hey thanks for the comment! I actually added a demo to the main post if you or anyone would like to try.   :):)

Stranga

Quote from: CrashPL on Mon 31/10/2016 08:34:02
Love the look of this one. The GBC-like art style works really well and adds to the general chilling atmosphere. Definitely gonna check this one out!

One question though, will the game also feature keyboard controls (like the good ol' GB games :D), or mouse only? ;)

Hey thanks for the post! Sorry it's taken some time. It is currently point and click but I may make it keyboard controls just like the game boy. It would be an awesome idea! :)

Stranga

Quote from: Frodo on Mon 31/10/2016 11:13:14
This game looks brilliant - lovely and creepy  :grin:

Really want to play it.  :cheesy:

But do you have any plans for a DRM-free steam-free release?  I won't play it if it's only on steam.  :sad:

Sorry for the late reply been very busy the last few months. I do play to release the game on itch.io for DRM-free download for those who don't use steam. In fact, that is where the demo is right now on itch.io.    :)

Danvzare

Quote from: Stranga on Thu 29/12/2016 12:53:07
Sorry for the late reply been very busy the last few months. I do play to release the game on itch.io for DRM-free download for those who don't use steam. In fact, that is where the demo is right now on itch.io.    :)
Glad to hear it. I do like me some DRM-free downloads. :-D

Stranga

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Thu 29/12/2016 19:34:29
This game might be a real hit :D

I never keep my hopes up on that. But I do appreciate the comment! Cheers :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk