Linux setup file

Started by Myshkin, Thu 13/10/2016 01:31:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Myshkin

I'm currently getting a few different language versions of Sisyphus Reborn set up to add to the Steam release.

Building the actual translation seems pretty straightforward and there's no problems in the Windows version, but I'm not sure how this works in the Linux build.

Does the Linux version (built with AGS editor 3.4.0) create some kind of equivalent of the "winsetup.exe" file? This is something I can't test myself as a non-Linux user, however my Spanish translator/Linux tester can't see a way to change language (or screen resolution and so on).

If there is no setup executable, is there a way to set the language in the config file? Sorry if the details for this are covered elsewhere but I haven't been able to find details about this on the forum anywhere.

Thanks!

Crimson Wizard

There is no cross-platform/Linux setup executable, but someone programming-savvy can easily write one, because all they need is a GUI library and INI-parser. They can even use the one from the engine, or even use winsetup code as a reference.

As for the config file, here is a list of options supported by the engine in our repository:
https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/blob/master/OPTIONS.md

Myshkin

Thanks Crimson Wizard - looks like this should be as simple as adding one line to the config file.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk